Dec

Cesc Challenges Young Gunners

Written by Chris Wheatley

Cesc

Long-term injury-victim Cesc Fabregas is convinced Arsenal can compete for the game’s top honours in his absence.

The 21-year-old Spain midfielder has been told he must have complete rest for a month before he can even think about making the first steps back on the long road to recovery from a medial ligament injury sustained against Liverpool.

Fabregas has complete faith in his team-mates and is optimistic they can challenge for the Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League this season is giving him cause for optimism.

He said:

“My recovery schedule is not very exciting. I went to see the surgeon in Barcelona before Christmas and I’m going to stay for a month before I can start having a bit of treatment.

“I cannot move my right leg right now or really do a lot – I’m generally just staying on the sofa or the bed at home and resting my leg up.

“While I recover I will be praying for Arsenal to do well and hopefully we will be competing in the league, FA Cup and Champions League when I return.”

Arsene Wenger’s young stars will be given a chance to show Cesc how good they are this Saturday, with an FA Cup tie against Championship strugglers Plymouth Argyle.

Gooner Talk will of course provide build-up and coverage towards the game not forgetting our post-match articles, so stay tuned!

15 Comments on "Cesc Challenges Young Gunners"

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
athlon
7 years 1 month ago

That’s cool!!! Will Nordtveit play?

7 years 1 month ago

I hope so mate, I’d like to see him and Djourou in defence.

Gunner Jillu
7 years 1 month ago

Heard Wenger say we can still dominate and we dont get enough credit. hmmm with 5 defeats and a bag full of draws think Wenger should just keep his optimism to himself. What credit do we deserve??? we are a whisker of going out of the title race and we dont ply our great football for more than 20 minutes in a match

ARSENALGUNNERZ

GUNNER JILLU

YOU SOUND LIKE A PISSED OFF FAN LOOOL

MAYBE YOU SHOULD SUPPORT THE TEAM INSTEAD ON BLAMING THE MANAGER

hafidz
7 years 1 month ago

thats ok, i think abu diaby will get the job done and i think it will be better and better for this season ,but arsenal need to continue to find a new face star.

Alan
7 years 1 month ago

This team don’t deserve more credit, when they play well they actually get more than they deserve. People were drooling over the kids after Sheff Utd. yet against Burnley they showed all the characteristics of the first team, i.e. an unbelievable amount of missed one on ones with the keeper and hopeless at the back. People do support the club. They spend big money on the club every season. Everybody in football knew Wenger fucked up during the summer selling experience and refusing to replace it and he has to take responsibility for us drifting out of the top 4.… Read more »

athlon
7 years 1 month ago

Nordtveit’s physical level should be okay, but if he doesn’t play on Saturday, he will play on Monday in the Res. as Eduardo.

7 years 1 month ago

that is cool! btw guys do check out ma new blog http://arseneknowsbest.wordpress.com/
im a new blogger so certainly i need u guys help…a blog is nothing without readers..plzz i need readers! believe me the content is quite gud

Nice blog mate. 😉

7 years 1 month ago

Zain, I’m a Goonerholic devotee so I probably won’t be a regular of yours. Thought I’d say though that you appear to be off to a good start with your blog. – It’s very pleasing visually – You’ve got some excellent pics – Your comments & opinions are expressed well – You don’t pretend to “know better” than AW – You haven’t joined the negative hysteria club I think as you develop your blog, you’ll need to find ways of becoming more thought provoking. Discerning readers look for informed comment and some original thought. It’s too easy just to list… Read more »

arsenal4ever
7 years 1 month ago

heard Arsene is looking for Arteta would be a great signing
Wondering this spain doesnt play in national team
great freekicks and corners something we need. arsenal4ever

mooqs
7 years 1 month ago

i will never love some of these arsenal fans as much as i use to seriously you fake fans complaining about arsene wenger and the team are a bunch of fools just cos we are having a small difficult period come on man get behind the team for f**k sake im really tired of seeing these comments and hearing fans complaining about issues including anything to do with arsenal GET BEHIND THE TEAM!!! how can you expect these youngsters to become quality world class players in years time to come if you are critcising the team and players let alone… Read more »

Gunner Jillu
7 years 1 month ago

not happy as I know what will happen, we are going to have a constant turnover of plyers every summer. As soon as we think we have a squad to start winning things we will have our players taken from us from Barca, Real and Milan. Cesc, Ade, Gallas, Sagna and RVP are players will be tempted away this summer and we will then have to start again. We need plyers in the squad who are good now not in two years time. This will then allow us to lose players but have them replaced immediately… with plyers who already… Read more »

Kixzon
7 years 1 month ago

Gunner Jillu, I’m quite supportive with the article below, hope it’ll give you some perspective on our team this stomach churning season. http://www.arsenalvision.co.uk/articles.php?articleid=983 Top 5 Media Myths about the Arsenal Date: 29 Dec 2008 By Ole Gunner 5. A club shouldn’t worry about getting its finances right. This is a really baffling one. Arsenal get a lot of stick for keeping a close eye on making sure incomings are more than outgoings. It’s hard to understand why though. One would expect anyone who’s made it through teenage years would know the very fundamental wisdom inherent in making sure you stay… Read more »

islington gooner

it makes me laugh,
just because you as fan really understand what wenger has done for our club you become a AKB.

arsen has arsenal’s best intrest,

im still behind wenger 100% and i think given the chance he will bring back the glory days at arsenal!

wpDiscuz