Jan

Exclusive: Arshavin's agent answers Gooner Talk

Written by Chris Wheatley

arshavin-turn

Gooner Talk have managed to catch up with Andrei Arshavin’s representitive, Dennis Lachter.

The 27-year-old Russian hotshot has been linked with Arsenal for several months now with Ivan Gazidis looking to broker a potential £14 million pound deal.

Arsenal officials, led by Gazidis, had been invited to Zenit St. Petersburg to discuss the possibility of  Arshavin signing for the north London giants. Zenit turned down a £10 million bid, plus a possible £5 million at a later date according to president Alexei Petrov.

“Zenit have invited Arsenal officials to come to St Petersburg next Tuesday.

“Zenit does want to find an acceptable option for everyone.” said Petrov

Just days after refusing to give out any interviews to the International media, I posed a simple, but effective question to Israeli-born agent Lachter.

Will Arshavin – in your eyes – be an Arsenal player by the end of the current transfer window?

“I do believe that Andrey will be an Arsenal player.” he replied.

Lachter was present at the Emirates Stadium for the Gunners’ Champions League clash with Dynamo Kyiv in November. He praised the Arsenal atmosphere – labelling it ‘terrific’, but refused to answer any more questions on his client.

Stay tuned to Gooner Talk for the latest news and rumours concerning Arsenal football club.

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
Joe
7 years 26 days ago

Amazing work Chris.. This saga will end next week then.. Excellent, just in time for a fresh title tilt?

chris
7 years 26 days ago

niiiice, we won and this is good news! , we really could do with him out wide and a new DM

the king of the world
7 years 26 days ago

that it lol??? how from that r we supposed to believe that he will actually sign???

7 years 26 days ago

thanks Chris..for the great work…the best arsenal informative site..keep up the great work

sab,from bangalore INDIA..one of the most passionate arsenal fans..lots of great passion and support for arsenal from India,please do know..

Thanks for Positive news…cant wait for tuesday,touchwood..common arsenal common….

Rock
7 years 26 days ago

do you honestly think this is an exclusive? what a dodgy blog its unbelievable. never seen a blog that gives as much misleading headlines.

I dont care if you delete this mate, I know you read it thats all that matters, as long as you know you aint fooling everyone, thats mooore than good enough for me.

Joe

@ the king of the world

Erm.. Maybe because his agent just said he believe’s Arshavin will be an Arsenal player? Idiot.

TT
7 years 26 days ago

We still don’t need a DM. An AM yo partner Denilson if anything. But Nasri should be in the middle with either a new left winger signed as well as Arshavin or Vela starting.

Joe
7 years 26 days ago

Rock, how is it a misleading headline?

7 years 26 days ago

How did you get in contact with Lachter?

the king of the world

@joe

his agent talks lots of shit bud, dont u remember the summer??? prick

Renna
7 years 26 days ago

Well done Chris. More of this kinda thing please, it’s what sets you apart from the other 10,000 Arsenal blogs.

goonerguy
7 years 26 days ago

good job on the exclusive how did you actually get it anyway?

rock grow up this is the best arsenal blog on the web so how can you claim it to be “dodgy”

7 years 26 days ago

His email, along with thousands of other agents, is on the FIFA website.

Rocky, I don’t need to delete your comment, the majority of people who read this article know it’s reliable and concrete.

Keep commenting, keep visiting – the more the merrier for me. :)

chris
7 years 26 days ago

true, this does not confirm he is defo signing..but its a good sign that his agent believes he will be an arsenal player

rico
7 years 26 days ago

does any1 think we may be about to hijack spurs bid for palacios bruce said today that another club is in for palacios who no’s mayb a double signing dis week of palacios and arshavin

goonerguy
7 years 26 days ago

gooner chris do you think that arsenal might sign more than just arshavin during this transfer window and if so any idea who?

Renna
7 years 26 days ago

Rico – No, wenger won’t buy a player he recommended and could have signed for free.

Matt

@ Rico

I heard it was man utd or man city… certainly wouldnt mind getting him though. quality player. Maybe we shouldn’t have let him slip through after his trial.

goonerguy
7 years 26 days ago

that would be annoying if we did sign palacios as we were the 1’s who took him on trial then told wigan about him and they signed him so to then buy him from them for over £10 million is just idiotic

7 years 25 days ago

Spurs will sign Palacios for around £14 million.

It’s such a shame really, we could of got him on the cheap before he joined Wigan.

And yes, I do believe we’ll sign more than one player, not too sure of names at the moment though.

rico
7 years 25 days ago

yh he had him on trial but who no’s buying a player who had no european or top south american team experience may have been a risk and bruce said its definatly not man utd dunno if its city but didnt they just bid for de jong and they already have kompany an for me that seems a bit congested

Jaaack
7 years 25 days ago

Is it me or is the article worded in such a way that it seems you asked Lachter while he was at the Dynamo game…? Probably just me. We won’t sign Palacios, i think its got to be city going in with the second bid, Ferguson said that hes not buying anyone else. Wenger doesnt seem to like keeping hold of defensive midfielders does he?

Any thoughts ?

gooner
7 years 25 days ago

stop being so mean u lot. well done mate good work. we are all nervous this season and are all desperate to see some real quality sign for our beloved club. so its all encouraging and positive

7 years 25 days ago

No Jack, I didn’t even go to that game, LOL.

I asked if he’d ever been to the Emirates before, he said yes, he atteneted the Kyiv game.

7 years 25 days ago

Cheers for the praise guys, I wanted to get an answer out of him and I did.

Blue Lights
7 years 25 days ago

so hold on, where and when did you meet his agent?

chris
7 years 25 days ago

he sent an email to the agent

Steven
7 years 25 days ago

Wow. Some exclusive. Can’t believe you people are thick enough to believe that Chris really spoke to him himslef

Blue Lights
7 years 25 days ago

lol…I smell bullshit. you are clever though. you know its a good chance he’ll sign so you made sure in your made up quote you included

“I believe” he will be an arsenal player, and “in your eyes”

so that covers you basically if the deal doesn’t happen. Very clever, very manipulative. Def would get you plenty of clicks. Unbelievable. Should be ashamed mate.

All you lot believing an agent of such a high profile footballer would reply to an email from a complete stranger and quite frankly a nobody, are so fucking naive its unreal.

Replying to a guy from goonertahahahahahalk, ridiculous.

chris
7 years 25 days ago

mate its not like the agents actually revealing anything ‘top secret’ is it?, all he says in the quote is ‘i believe he will be an arsenal player’..not really revealing much to do with any deal

7 years 25 days ago

Blue Lights, you obviously have a massive problem with the fact that a football agent replied to my website.

I’m hardly going to make fucking quotes up to get hits, I don’t acheive anything from it at all.

Steven, the Zenit president quotes are from Sky, I never claimed they were exclusive to me – looks like you’re the thick one, get your facts right.

Steven
7 years 25 days ago

is this similar to your ‘exclusive’ when you said flamini was staying?

7 years 25 days ago

No, because I backed myself up with a link to that information.

How is it similar? You’re not the fizziest drink in the fridge are you?!

Steven
7 years 25 days ago

i meant was it similar in the fact that it is complete bullshit, you moron. It’s obvious arshavin is going to sign, you’re just jumping on the bandwagon

7 years 25 days ago

It was on the old version of this blog, when I jumped to conclusion and when I had no real sources either.

I’m not jumping on the bandwagon, I’ve got an answer from the agent of Arshavin and I’ve posted it up – what’s the problem?

Joe
7 years 25 days ago

I don’t get some of you lot, Chris comes up with a gem of an article, which he did out of his own knowledge of knowing where to find Lachter’s email address, mobile number, fax machine.. Appreciate his good work will ya?

7 years 25 days ago

Nice article mate, Hoping that we’ll have Arshavin before Cardiff game to see whats hes capable of. :)

JohnA
7 years 25 days ago

Steven and Blue Lights have completely owned Gooner Chris — who talks so much bullshit it’s unbelievable.

7 years 25 days ago

JohnA, why do you come on this site, other than to talk utter bollocks, Chris, can you ban these morons IP’s?:|

chris
7 years 25 days ago

apparantly we are willing to only go as high as 15million, hoping zenit don’t want higher…

chris
7 years 25 days ago

just looking at van persie’s stats this season, 25 appearances-12 goals, 13 assists!!

JohnA
7 years 25 days ago

GoonerChris — any reason why your exclusive n Lachter isn’t available any more?

Fear of being sued?

T.U.G.Z
7 years 25 days ago

its obvious that steven johna and blue moron are spud supporters cuming here to cause problems… U shouldnt give these morons the time of day gonnerchris theyre really not worth it

JohnA
7 years 25 days ago

In other words, Thugz, you have no suggestion as to why the: http://goonertalk.com/2009/01/17/exclusive-lachter-answers-gooner-talk/

was deleted.

Deluded muppets. It was obviously deleted because GoonerChris knew he was making stuff up which could land him in court.

John, you’re hilarious.

It was exactly the same article as this one, but I deleted it as I wanted my match report to appear before it.

How will this land me in court? Get real, please.

Its working for me.:]

7 years 25 days ago

John, your use of the word ‘owned’ completely sums you up. Immature, un-intelligent teenager.

JohnA
7 years 25 days ago

Right on the heading, you say: “Exclusive:. Exclusive implies you’re the only source that the said person has talked to with the information you have.

And that is bullshit because you have copied the quotes off Sky and claimed that he has made contact with you.

Libelous, and that could land you in court. Stop bullshitting. No-one with any degree of perspective is buying it.

Victor
7 years 25 days ago

Wow. I mean why not?! Anyone can get any of the agents’ email from fifa.com. Just write, if he answers cool, if not, who cares?!I still don’t totally believe that it was Lachter who wrote back. Of course, Zenit had already gone public with this. Something actually might happen next week. I just hope Xabi Alonso and Upson are also coming.

Joe
7 years 25 days ago

JohnA, can i have the link to the SSN article where Lachter says these things? Much obliged

wpDiscuz