Mar 31

Fabregas & Gallas start, Henry on the bench for European Champs

As expected, Cesc Fabregas & William Gallas start tonight for Arsenal in their Champions League crunch clash with Barcelona.

Almunia
Sagna – Gallas – Vermaelen – Clichy
Fabregas – Song – Diaby
Nasri – Bendtner – Arshavin

Subs: Fabianski (GK), Campbell, Eboue, Denilson, Rosicky, Walcott, Eduardo.

56 Responses to “Fabregas & Gallas start, Henry on the bench for European Champs”

1. Angry fan says:

Great chance at the nou camp? R u for real? We are seriously not good enough to beat barca. This is what we need to aspire to. I think we are at least 4-6 years away from ever winning this or the premier league. To many average players that wenger thinks are good enough!!!

ReplyReply
  2. Emperor Gooner says:

f****n hell!! i’m almsot in tears!!! what an absolute m***********R of a match..i love this club…great great character shown tonight..we can do this!!!

ReplyReply
  3. Impeccable1 says:

Apart from a few games this season, Arshavin has been shocking. He has been very disappointing and he’s not playing with any passion. Perhaps he should think about improving his performances instead of criticizing the squad and talking to newspapers.I think it’s time he is benched and start fighting for his place in the team.

ReplyReply
  4. Dan says:

@CaliforniaGooner:

It was our first team minus RVP.

(Until Gallas and Arshavin went off)

ReplyReply
  5. CaliforniaGooner says:

Yeah, thanks @ Dan. I meant to say our full strength squad, sorry about that. @Emperoor Gooner: I know how you feel. Makes me proud to be a gooner…Arsenal till I die…

ReplyReply
  6. an arse worth having says:

Fair play to Denlison and Clichy who were great tonight. Can’t blame Fabregas for being a tad below-par. He’s been playing crocked for a while now. I think the positive for the 2nd leg is that Barca can’t defend, and we have nothing to lose. The negative is Xavi, who in my opinion is the best player in the world, and that Messi can’t be as ineffective again.

ReplyReply