Apr 03

Ibrahimovic doubt could see Henry start on Tuesday

Former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry could start against his old club next week, after Zlatan Ibrahimovic missed Barcelona’s match with Athletic Bilbao through injury.

The Swede is a serious doubt for Tuesday’s evening clash due to a calf strain and it looks likely that either Henry or the in-form Bojan will now start against Arsene Wenger’s side.

This positive-looking news  for Arsenal comes off the back of today’s last-gasp win against Wolves, with Nicklas Bendtner scoring in the fourth minute of stoppage time.

Arsenal need to win at the Nou Camp on Tuesday, although a 3-3 score draw or above would see the Gunners also go through to the semi-finals on the away goals rule.

Will Wenger’s troops beat Barca?

Have your say in our poll below.

Will Arsenal beat Barcelona at the Nou Camp?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

9 Responses to “Ibrahimovic doubt could see Henry start on Tuesday”

1. terry says:

Bojan will start, not Henry.
    And Toure at C/B

ReplyReply
  2. ah says:

Chris, I’m being at bit pedantic i know, but a 3-3 or any score draw above that would see us though.
    great result today, hard fought, but I really did always feel that we would get there in the end. oh, & great atmosphere!

ReplyReply
  3. Gooner Chris says:

Ah I didn’t know that mate, thanks for letting me know.

ReplyReply
  4. chris says:

bring on the 3-3 draw, would be something special… with both their first choice CB’s out and their top striker missing this makes this match slightly fairer considering who we are missing… we should be able to score at least 1, maybe 2.. not sure we could outscore them or get a 3-3 but ya never know!

ReplyReply
  5. denhen says:

Doesn’t matter who replace Bojan. Messi is the key man who score more than Bojan. Arsenal is over and out with 2-2 draw in 1st leg.

ReplyReply
  6. fan says:

I’m hoping for a 2-1 win. Comeon gonners

ReplyReply
  7. Pozdny says:

i say a solid 1-0 win = )

ReplyReply
  8. Me says:

I think we have a great chance, and I think Arshavin’s absence is a blessing in disguise, cause he’s been utterly shite in the last couple of weeks (I think we’ll sell him this summer). Nasri to score the only goal, he looks world-class ;)

ReplyReply