Apr

Some good news for next season..

Written by Chris Wheatley

Alex Song has  rubbished constant newspaper reports by revealing  that Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas will definitely not be leaving the club this summer.

The Spaniard has long been linked with a move to Barcelona whilst Manchester City and Real Madrid are also reportedly interested despite continual denials from Fabregas and Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.

“Cesc is very important to us and he will be at Arsenal next season,” said Song.

“It’s good news. I am 100 per cent sure he will stay because we talk every single day. He loves Arsenal too much to leave and he’s told me he wants to win things at this club.

“He has never mentioned even thinking about going to Barcelona.

“People talk too much. There is too much speculation. It’s too easy to start rumours, but we have a fabulous team spirit and we want to win together.”

Gunners fans have already expressed their desire for summer signings, with Marouane Chamakh’s pre-contract reportedly finalised, a centre back and goalkeeper could also be on there way in the coming months.

Stay tuned to Gooner Talk for all the latest news, views and debate on Arsenal FC.

89 Comments on "Some good news for next season.."

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
Chris Redmond
6 years 5 months ago

I hope you’re right about the goalkeeper and centre back. We also need a combative midfielder; I am sick of watching Diaby and Denilson stroll around the pitch for 90 mins. I think we need 4 players to seriously challenge next year.

vb
6 years 5 months ago

thought we were getting rid of the coward diaby. ah well

VanDaManPersie
VanDaManPersie
6 years 5 months ago

He should only be staying if Wenger buys big in the summer

David
David
6 years 5 months ago

I reckcon on 6 new recruits: goalkeeper; 2 defenders; defencive midfielder; striker; wide-forward. Actually, make that 8 as two keepers ideally are needed plus someone to ensure Diaby and Denilson are not first team regulars!

ali
ali
6 years 5 months ago

hi gooner chris,what do you think of signing joe hart?

ali
ali
6 years 5 months ago

well hes a man city player and with them having shay given hes not going to get many games.We should make Hart our top priority has we really need a great gk not average ones.Id like to see a gk 2 cbs a dm and a striker.

Angry fan
Angry fan
6 years 5 months ago

Songs opinion only. I think that if cesc has been watching us the past few games (god hopefully he hasn’t) then he might think we won’t ever be able to challenge for honours. We need 2 new players in each position. Minimum “keeper, 2 centrebacks, midfield and forward. And not swaddled players either. Players ready to step into the team immediatly. It’s quite clear (for us all to see wenger) that this needs to be addressed. Now.

Jack
Jack
6 years 5 months ago
Hart has been touted and price tagged @ 8 mill! Fucking bargain if you ask me. Wengers comments are promising on the transfer front. About Chamakh he said “He’s one of the players who has a good chance to join us”. Okay, so we already knew about Chamakh and I hate to state the obvious but he said “one of”, so there’s more than one. That’s a start. Hart, Chamakh and a Centre-Back of choice please Arsene. I think we need another midfielder aswell though, someone that can play Wenger-Ball but will also tackle back successfully. Can’t really think of… Read more »
A TRue GOon
A TRue GOon
6 years 5 months ago

Sczeny shouldn’t be made 1st choice immediately. He sdhould be 2nd choice. Getting the Carling cup & F.A cup games

ken
ken
6 years 5 months ago
Is Maroune Chamakh really gonna join us. I hate Diabys attitude. How can he take things so casually the way he has been doing of late. Is he doing so coz he has secured his position in the team. Unfortunately he aint the only one. We have players playing as if they don’t care for this team. They have really raped us the loyal supporters. I am pretty sure it is paining the legendary players who have graced the emirates. I hv no idea how the likes of Ian Wright,DB10,Henry, viera, Bobby etc are feeling now. The only player who… Read more »
ali
ali
6 years 5 months ago
The thing that pains me the most is that wenger says every summer or before the end of the season that we are ready to spend and that we can compete with chelsea and man utd but when it comes to the summer we never get anyone and we tune into sky sports news with hope but not expectation.We always sit there just hoping we will sign quality players but it never happens.A few years ago wenger said we are aiming to sign 2 super class players and nothing ever happened.If wenger came out and said we havnt got the… Read more »
Roy
Roy
6 years 5 months ago

I wondered why the Wrights and Mersons of this world had seemingly turned on us, they haven’t, I can see that now. But what they HAVE turned on is the lack of desire, pride, spirit, hunger and determination that players used to have when wearing the shirt! Were is it now?
Diaby, Denilson, Fabianski, Almunia, Rosicky, Eduardo, etc all don’t give a dam!
Plus, why play Merida when it’s abundantly clear he can’t wait to jump ship!!
Today was a disgrace, but when you’ve that many mercenaries what can you do?
Sol Campbell and Theo apart today, they should all be fined!

ali
ali
6 years 5 months ago

im angry and devastated not only about today but how the season has fallen away but having just been on another arsenal forum i am shocked to have seen what i have just read.You have probably heard of arsenal action,they are getting arsenal fans to join a facebook group to get arsene wenger sacked which is a disgrace and quite frankly pathetic.Yes we need signings but wenger should be the man to make us into a title winning side again.Sacking wenger is unthinkable cant believe what i just read seriously.

Roy
Roy
6 years 5 months ago

Arsenal action want Wenger fired?
Are they simple? Who could replace him?!
Too much sun and booze = fickle fans.

pierre
pierre
6 years 5 months ago
im very angry too but.. with the players ..not wenger!! we better be careful what we wish for!! we need to face the board and ask a simple question:do we have the money to spend…if we do then we need to ask wenger why he doesnt spend it.we need to get answers asap!! arsenal is a huge club and should have the means to buy big players!!! the way we plaYED TODAY SHOWS THAT WERE MILES AWAY FROM THE CHELSEAS,MANUNITED,BARCAETC…OF THIS WORLD!! WE NEED PLAYERS WHO WILL DIE FOR THE CLUB NOT BIG EGOS LIKE BENTNER AND CO….MAYBE ITS A… Read more »
danish gooner
danish gooner
6 years 5 months ago

Wenger can buy ten kakas or Rooneys,if they have no desire or heart we will win zilch.

danish gooner
danish gooner
6 years 5 months ago

You cant get shit for 30 mil.

My Name Is Earl
My Name Is Earl
6 years 5 months ago

Wenger said “We will announce the deals after the league [finishes]. Chamakh is one of the players who has a good chance to join us.”

that mean we’ve already got some signings wrapped up??

samuel
samuel
6 years 5 months ago

will don’t need Diaby will need the someone that can work for arsenal not man like diaby and Silvester the two player i dont they can play for arsenal

Alan
Alan
6 years 5 months ago

Ali, Wenger always says that at this time of year because of SEASON TICKET RENEWALS. Stay tuned for
‘We want to do our business before the World Cup starts’
‘We identified the weaknesses and will buy super, super class’
‘The fans will be re-assured by what they see

then the backtrack

‘Our injured players returning will be like new signings’
‘We didn’t want to kill our young players’

DD
DD
6 years 5 months ago

I want to see some british blood in the team and us taking trophies like the league cup seriously

dilshan
dilshan
6 years 5 months ago

I am angry and frustrated too…angry with some of the pathetic players for that last 10 minutes…I do think the summer window is huge for the club and will reveal what our ambition is, weather its top 4 finish and CL QF or winning them. This team does not need 20 new players a top quality CB, GK, CM along with Chamak will complete the team and thats what frustrates me most…we are so close but not just there

ali
ali
6 years 5 months ago

Why should all of us fans pay good money on season tickets every season when we having nothing to show for it.Arsene wenger and the board need to show more ambition or we will go another 5 years without a trophy.

ronancostello
ronancostello
6 years 5 months ago

we need joe harf hangeland a flamini type dogger plus chamack.get rid of the deadwood and we will b on our way 2 a brilliant decade.gooner 4 life

Aa23 (norwegian gooner)
Aa23 (norwegian gooner)
6 years 5 months ago
We need players, but i think most of you are over reacting when it comes to the number of players we need to buy to win the league here is my opinion for what it’s wort… Goal keeper: Joe Hart (ca 9m) or Hugo Loris (ca 10-15m) 2 Defenders (1 if Gallas stays): Hangeland (ca 10m) and Subotic (ca 15m) 1 Midfielders: i actually like the idea of Kevin Nolan (ca 6m) Now, assuming Gallas stays (although i don’t think he will) we can get Hart, Hangeland and Nolan for 25m (assuming my price is right) We need to sell… Read more »
My Name Is Earl
My Name Is Earl

IGOR AKINFEEV !!!!!

izzo
izzo

useless overpaid bunch

usfan
usfan
6 years 5 months ago

i am a season ticket holder and am happy to keep paying to watch some fantastic football. go support some other team if you don’t like it. we are getting better every year, and we are doing it the right way. love the arsenal

vb

usfans an ass

Dave
Dave

Agree with usfan , also don’t get Nolan!!we should buy Scotty Parker

Michael
Michael
6 years 5 months ago
vb, your the ass, hes actually supporting the team and not letting one measley defeat at the end of the season when we were more or less out of the title race get him down. what will sacking Wenger do, who will ever replace him and do as good a job as him, we will never have such a great character like wenger ever again, we would never see world class players at the club, Henry for example, when he was at juventus, he wasnt doing well at all, he was what..22,23 years old when wenger bought him, how did… Read more »
PATO7
6 years 5 months ago

Let’s hope Wenger makes his last contracted season a good one, starting with the transfer market. 🙂

Mannix
Mannix
6 years 5 months ago

Wenger can buy any player but club policy restricts him frm signing a player worth £100,000 a week.And tht is why we can’t afford to pay torres,villa,Ribary or any top class player.Arshavin forced to cut his salary to suit our club policy.

Marty Price
6 years 5 months ago
Just a view from across the pond…I am a 49er season ticket holder who had the luck to make it to Highbury. That was instant love! My niners are shit, but are not stinking as much and as long as they play in San Francisco I will support them with my money and my presence, and they do not have nearly the stability in their front office anymore that the Gunners have. Hell they are even rying to move to San Jose!!! I will not move with them. I think Wenger is a solid manager. He HAS not had the… Read more »
Cris
Cris
6 years 5 months ago

Hey do you want city to win something this year, No duh, go to football shirt news, press on city vs blackburn final to see who has the best kits in the ppremier league. Click for Blackburn.

Jack
Jack
6 years 5 months ago
Ok michael so say we keep wenger til he retires… Is that the end if arsenal when he does go? That’s what it seems like some of you clowns are saying, when are you going to realise that arsenal is what matters most, as much as wenger has done for us, we are one of the biggest clubs on Europe now and attracting world class managers and players will not be a problem if wenger goes, it’s arsenal fc I support and to me it seems like he’s doing more harm than good by putting too much faith in players… Read more »
yashveen
yashveen
6 years 5 months ago

Why some of you looking at selling eduardo..we need him..remember..we are a striker short..we did not replace adebayor…why do we need to sell/???we have had so many injuries…trust me guys..eduardo will be great next season…this season was a recovery season for him…btw..chamakh is already a gunner
Abt the keeper thing…i guess we have already given almunia and fabianski their chances…we should buy a new No.1 now…
2 new powerful centre backs should be bought too..the idea of competition should be there…i DM should be signed too….

N1 born in and bred gunner
N1 born in and bred gunner
6 years 5 months ago

We must keep the faith but if we don’t strengthen our team there will be questions and I guess it will be down to wenger to show us that it was all part of his master plan. Long story short no one is the bigger than a club apart from those true fans who spend their hard earned to cash to support their team so one more trophyless season I hope heads do roll because just saying 6 years with out a trophy sends shivers down my spine. Keep the faith and long live the gunners!!

Gooner8
Gooner8
6 years 5 months ago
I really can’t believe what I’ve seen today. LONG gone are the days of Keown/Adams, Seaman, Vieira/Petit, Henry/Bergkamp. What do we have now? Nothing even remotely comparable. The only player of ANY worth lately is 35 years old. How about a good old American fire sale or buy one Diaby, get one Denilson free!! And for good measure, for this one time opportunity, we’ll throw is a Polish goalkeeper… We need: at least 1 GK, 1-2 center backs, cover for Song when he’s injured/suspended, 1 additional midfielder in the mold of Ljunberg/Pires/Edu. Enough’s enough. I’m tired of being the team… Read more »
Reece
Reece
6 years 5 months ago
@Marty Price *Face Palm* NB52 has saved us this year on countless time if not for his we would be 5th, although thats still a possibility if we continue to play shit. We should sell Diaby, Flapyanski, Denilson and Eduardo. Here’s my solution: Swap Eduardo+4 Mil for Lloris, I have no problem with Almunia being our 2nd choice keeper and Szencezy being our third as he is a little young to be our 2nd. Diaby and Denilson can knob off I don’t care were but just get rid of them they should bring in about 8-10mil for the both of… Read more »
FearlessOne
6 years 5 months ago

It was cruel for Arsenal fans. There was hunger for success but some tired legs as If they were forced to play that match. Only a couple players gave their best but it couldnt be good enuf. Talk about Sol, Sagna, Walcot, and Nasri, the rest only run around as if they dont know why were there for. Manone should stay and get Frey/Neur/Lloris, Akinfeev any will do. We need 2 CB, Melo or Ssesegon, Chamack, and Rodalega.. Let us see Niki B, Vela go, Fabianski, and Almunia.

Ken
Ken
6 years 5 months ago
@Jack: Yes Arsenal is what we love and care but mate who has brought our club to this stage ? Yes it is Wenger. Think if he didn’t come to Arsenal in the first place there would be no Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira and Co. and there would be no 99 Double or The Invincible. We as fans are now seeing Arsenal as a world-class club and expectations are very high but we all seem to forget the man who has brought the reputation that Arsenal have achieved. For those that are demanding Wenger’s head it is evident that they only… Read more »
Jon
Jon
6 years 5 months ago

I wish id writ what Ken writ, sums it right up =)

Yafesi
Yafesi
6 years 5 months ago

Ken and Jon: I do agree Mr Wenger brought Arsenal to the stage we are today. But I also appreciate that we need to keep building, from strength to strength.

I must say we are on the declining trend and I’m afraid next season could be worse if nothing is done now.

Welshman
Welshman
6 years 5 months ago
With all the clamour for new signings,be prepared for Arsene to announce he has six new players coming back. I refer to the injured ones.The trouble with him is his economics degree. It is sell high and buy low mentality. He is scrooge at its worst. Make no mistake if there ar no signings for goalie ,central defence and striker then all gunners must be prepared for further misery. Then if the gunners continue to underperform the board may finally think its best Arsene moves upstairs and a let a younger and pragmatic manager take over.For starters the new guy… Read more »
mojo gooner
mojo gooner
6 years 5 months ago

here are the players we should get:
Goal keeper: joe hart (8mil)
CB : sakho(9 mil)
CB: matthew upson (4 mil)
DM: melo(15 mil)
RM: joe cole( free)
ST: chamakh(free)
36 million total

far east goon
far east goon
6 years 5 months ago

Surprised to see how everyone is throwing mud at Diaby… I agree that his performance was torrid from Barca 1st leg on, and lack of gumption shown infuriated me as anyone.

But I don’t think I am the only one to think that he was our most improved player next to Song.

I only hope that the form he has shown during mid season was not a fluke.

China gunner
China gunner
6 years 5 months ago
Arsene was saying the other day Chelsea had seven players over 30 . The gunners had a young team on the way up. Frankly I disagree that the gunners are going up. If they can’t beat the likes of Wigan it shows how far the gunners have declined from 2004. Many factors can be attributed to the present state.Is it the playing style?Are there too many kids?I believe its both.Instaed of quality signings he gets kids to farm them out. Vela is a good example who has been frozen out . Three years have been wasted on him. Had Arsene… Read more »
shaba
shaba
6 years 5 months ago

think wenger should go. 5 years of winning nothin is enough. no top teams have kept kept their manager that long without winning anything.

True gunner
True gunner
6 years 5 months ago
Wenger’s real shit. What was the point of removing Walcott who was keeping the Wigan defenders in their positions? Well his actions gave the Wigan defenders a field day and they just moved upfront to attack. Wenger realizes his blunder and introduces RVP but by then the game is out of our control. When will that Psycho, Wenger, ever throw out rubbish players like Fabianski, Sylvestre. Wenger probably enjoys watching our collection of clown ‘goalkeepers’doing shit infront of cameras. Well he got more of the dosage he was looking for from Fabianski. I don’t see any logic in leaving Mannone… Read more »
wpDiscuz