Aug

Juventus close in on Traore signing

Written by Chris Wheatley

Italian giants Juventus are close to signing Arsenal youngster Armand Traore on loan, with the Frenchman flying into Turin today to complete the move.

The story, which first emerged on Sky Sports News yesterday afternoon, became concrete after Juventus director general Beppe Marotta stated that he had asked for Traore on loan.

Traore, 20, rejected a £3 million switch to Benfica last week after he heard about Juve’s late offer which looks set to be confirmed before the closure of the transfer window at 6pm tomorrow.

The Frenchman is currently behind Gael Clichy and Kieran Gibbs in the Gunners’ pecking order.

12 Comments on "Juventus close in on Traore signing"

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
GunnerX
Guest
GunnerX
5 years 10 months ago

Its a shame he’s going, he has great potential, but I suppose he too far down the pecking order. Let’s hope we get Melo in return, yeah I know, dream on!

Bala
Guest
5 years 10 months ago

I think its good for him.Chris,is there a option of making it permanent.

goonerbegood
Guest
5 years 10 months ago

it will even make more sense if we can get Melo to come to Emirates as well
on loan.
juve take traore on loan
we take melo on loan.

armagharsenal
Guest
armagharsenal
5 years 10 months ago

Yeah get Melo going the other way or really push the boat out for Buffon!!lol now where in dreamland!!

heffy
Guest
heffy
5 years 10 months ago

yes it’s a waste as i see great potential in him. he’s just not a left back.

Den15#
Guest
Den15#
5 years 10 months ago

Melo is never coming to Arsenal FACT.

bob
Guest
bob
5 years 10 months ago

I’d rather sell Clichy, let Gibbs start and have Traore as the number two next summer than let him go for nothing.

makenzi
Guest
makenzi
5 years 10 months ago

melo is a thug. he is in the class of shawcross we dont need thugs at arsenal

dw
Guest
dw
5 years 10 months ago

they can keep him and we can give the schawer money 4 buffon. That sounds like a deal 2 me.

Jamrockgunner
Guest
Jamrockgunner
5 years 10 months ago

@dw: thats exactly what i was saying

Arsenalgunner27
Guest
Arsenalgunner27
5 years 10 months ago
WHAT!…I never really doubt any Arsenal players as I don’t think its fair…but I have to make an exception here, I watched Traore against Stoke City last season in the F.A Cup and he was annoying, he put the ball out for Corners when he could have banged it up field and it was extremely annoying, he gave away possesion and I just think we won’t miss him, Juventus can have him in my opinion…but he might end up being good for us in the future, I have no idea, but from what I’ve seen so far, we ain’t going… Read more »
trackback

[…] side Juventus have announced that they have released French full-back Jonathan Zebina and signed his compatriot Armand Traore on a season-long loan from […]

wpDiscuz