Jan 19

Who was your Arsenal Man of the Match against Leeds?

Leeds United 1-3 Arsenal

Who was your Arsenal Man of the Match against Leeds?

• Samir Nasri (52%, 393 Votes)
  • Bacary Sagna (15%, 114 Votes)
  • Laurent Koscielny (9%, 68 Votes)
  • Alex Song (9%, 66 Votes)
  • Johan Djourou (4%, 30 Votes)
  • Robin van Persie (2%, 19 Votes)
  • Andrey Arshavin (2%, 18 Votes)
  • Nicklas Bendtner (2%, 16 Votes)
  • Denilson (2%, 13 Votes)
  • Kieran Gibbs (1%, 8 Votes)
  • Marouane Chamakh (1%, 8 Votes)
  • Wojciech Szczęsny (1%, 6 Votes)
  • Gaël Clichy (0%, 3 Votes)
  • Cesc Fábregas (0%, 1 Votes)

Total Voters: 763

Loading ... Loading ...

16 Responses to “Who was your Arsenal Man of the Match against Leeds?”

1. the Man says:

KOcsielny was SUPERB tonight, as well as soNg…as well as Nasssri!!!

2. Gunner30 says:

Alex Song won us the game. Worked hard to break play up and Kept possession very well. Did his and Denilson job very well

3. Mistaken says:

Nasri for me. Just love the confidence of the goalie (sorry cant spell name), always talking to his defenders

4. greek gooner says:

i voted arshavin, just for fun

plz plz plz Arsene, no MORE Denilson and that FAT CUNT from Russia!!!
    my eyes HURT!!!

5. Daymee says:

As a team, they were simply dominant and went out there to shut a lot of critics up. Trust me, lots of haters were hoping we got turned over. Remember, everyone likes to have a dig at Arsenal. Whilst we haven’t achieved anything yet this season, we are having the best season so far compared to the top 5 in England. We are the only team in England that is still vying for all competitions: Carling Cup, FA Cup, Premier League, Champions League. 4 competitions. I’m not the kind of fan that start to praise the team after just one win but I have to emphasize what I saw tonight.

Nasri played virtually as a centre forward. He chased everything chaseable (if there ever was a a word like that). He put the opposition defence under a lot of pressure. Kosc was very decisive in his interceptions and I thought he had one of his best games since coming to this club. We have not won anything yet. The only concern I have is that Arsenal do things the hard way all the time.

At the highest level, I still think we ought to be more ruthless in front of goal. If we play against the best team in the world, ala Barce, we may not have more than a handful of chances and may find it very difficult to score goals against these big teams if we don’t become consistent at taking chances. the result, the attitude, the performance and work rate these guys put in. I must say well done lads. A real congratulations! Van Persie’s goal was sublime in the extreme. It was deadly. I can’t remember the last time he scored with his head. His last goal was his chocolate leg. I’m really happy for him. His form is coming on at the right time. We need that cutting edge.

Well done Arsenal!!! I’m very proud to be a Gunner
    Tonight, I think I cannot be unhappy about

6. Iluvafc says:

I was so worried when I saw Denilson on the teamsheet, luckily Song & Nasri’s names were on it as well, both deserved MOTM for me. Despite their contributions to the goals I thought Bendy & AA had below par performances again. In the case of AA I think it’s confidence, whereas for Bendy it’s playing out of position. But overall great result, go gunners!

7. pastaface says:

Van Persie looks to be getting his touch back!
    Chamakh has gone quiet but maybe it’s his positioning, he needs to start scoring goals again, however the team did well against a resilient Leeds

8. Wilsheres dad says:

Several stand out players tonight (Nasri, Song, Sagna, Kocsielny, Djourou) all of whom are part of the “first 11″. Although the others played their part in a very good, composed & commanding performance, there remains a gulf between the quality of play between first choice players & most of the current second choice Players.( Arshavin, Denilson , Bendtner & Chamakh).Lets hope this win will raise their confidence.

9. m says:

nobody mentioned sagna,he was a monster today.i was t the game was amazing.even though leeds boys were loud but we were just up there.sagna is my MOTM by the way he never stoped runing.

10. John says:

I thought nasri was awful apart from his cracking goal.

He gave the ball away, didnt help denilson or song, played way too high up on the pitch almost as a striker.

He didnt go past players, his passing and touch at vital moments wasnt good enough.

I dont think nasri can play as a CM i can see why wenger play him on the left wing. Hes not reliable enough to play CM. LOok at fabregas when he came on he just bossed the midfield.

I personally thought koscielny was supberb, pace, compsure, passing ability, aerial ability he looks a top class centre half. Another great wenger signing.

Djorou as well in the 2nd half put in some monster headers.

I also was very impressed with song and Nicklas Bendtner who showed moments of real quality especially in the 2nd half with his mazy runs, passes, dribbles, vision.

Hes getting better and better. He looks really good on the wing hes got the awareness to play there and his touch, movement, mobility looks so much better.

Even his work rate he was playing at right back at times and what a great cross/pass to van persie world class

11. Manamongst says:

Where’s Rosicky? I hope Arsene doesn’t rotate Nasri out this weekend for him.

12. WillyG says:

Denilson and Arshavin to vie for Worst MOTM!

13. fred says:

Chelsea Res vs. Arsenal Res

Lets hope for a good stream tonight for all who cant make it.

14. Greg Quain says:

Gooners were in fine form last night. Sami Nasri was excellent and is definetley way out in front as Gooners player of the Season. Don’t know why the Prof is persisting with Bendtner and Arshavin. The Danish boy lost the ball on at least 10 occasions and does not know where he is to play. Arshavin has lost form and missed 4 decent chances last nite.Robin Van Persie looks back to form which augurs well for the rest of the season.We need a centre half. Any chance we would make a bid for Cahill of Bolton?

15. dewale razak says:

my man of d match against leads was sagna

16. GunnerMKD says:

imo wenger shouldn`t have filled such a strong starting XI. if i were him, i would have put vela left, bentner centre and arshavin right, denilson wilshere and rosicky in mf, eboue as rb and that guy miquel. we already have a lots of games to play-twice a week, so being out of the fa cup wouldn`t have been such a loss. at least if we were out, the players would get more time to relax and stay fit. or wenger is thinking we can`t beat barca, so he wants to proceed in the fa cup … idk, just my opinion