May 02

Arsenal’s 2011/12 Home & Away kits

Arsenal have announced their 125th anniversary kit for next season.

The shirt is a much simpler designer than the current jersey, with no trim on the collar of the shirt or sleeves this time around. Added to that, the club crest is emblazoned on the front of the top as usual but this time features a white wreath surrounding it.

“The classic design is inspired by the 1970’s strips and boasts a clean, refined look with a block red body and white sleeves with red speed stripe detail. The shorts are white with a red speed stripe. On the back of the shirt below the neck reads ‘Arsenal’, while inside the front, on the back of the crest, reads ‘Victoria Concordia Crescit’, (‘Victory Through Harmony’), Arsenal’s Latin motto, which was previously featured on earlier versions of their club crest between 1949 and 2002″, an Arsenal press release said.

Next season’s away kit was leaked over a fortnight ago by ArsenalInsider with similar colours used to those in the 95/96 season, when Nike also made the club’s shirts.

What’s your view on the new Arsenal home and away kits for the 2011/12 season? Share your feedback in the comments section below.

28 Responses to “Arsenal’s 2011/12 Home & Away kits”

1. Scott says:

I actually kind of like the new home kit. Most Gooners I’ve talked to are indifferent, but I’d say I actually enjoy it. The away kit, not so much. I like all gold/yellow kits for away.

2. Tony says:

I am a bit puzzled by Arsenal saying that the home kit is inspired by the classic design of the 1970′s, as the current kit is pretty much a replica of the 1970′s shirt. The away kit reminds me of Wycombe Wanderers and really has nothing whatsoever to do with Arsenal, other than it was the colours used for one season in the 90′s and wasn’t particularly popular then!!

3. Jason says:

Expect a more trendy one. But dislike the colour combination and the blue stripe on the away strip. I prefer the white one posted by others, not sure whether is it a 3rd kit or just fake.

4. Abba says:

I must say that the Home kit looks very nice,However the away kit doesn’t look like a gooners jersey at all.

5. for the away i prefer the yellow cplour

6. athlon29 says:

The away kit looks beatiful IMO.

7. Duncan Sotty says:

Why do wi change these kits every season , is it a must ? Personally i liked the 2009-2010 homekit so much .

8. ne says:

yay like both O_0…

9. Dharmin says:

The home kit is quitet similar with the curren but away kit looks awesome to me..

10. Graham says:

I would of preferred home kit to have the fly emirates logo to be smaller and underneath the Nike logo, and done away with the strip on the sleeve. Away kit is rubbish, should of brought back the green and blue kit from the 80′s? Or just kept the yellow kit.

11. venky says:

home kit is ok,but away one is not so inspiring

12. damiandp says:

dont we need a third kit for when we play will like we did 2 seasons ago

13. Gooner Chris says:

@damiandp: That will be this season’s yellow away kit.

14. GunnerMKD says:

last season`s kits were the best! maybe not the home kit, but the away kits were absolutely perfect. i liked the purple and black kit we had 3-4 seasons ago. anyway, not really in love with these 2, the first one seems exact like our current, the second … nothing attractive

15. goonerjon says:

home kit OK, away kit is terrible…

16. loyal fan says:

The home kit looks nice but too similar to this season’s kit and the away is alright, I will only judge it when I see it with the shorts and the socks together.

17. andy jupp says:

bloody horrible.

18. GunnerMKD says:

gooner chris, why arent you updating this site anymore? you used to give starting line up about an hour before every game, a complete report after the game, a free stream where wwe can watch the game, transfer rumours etc etc. lately you are not doing it, and by lately i mean the last 5-6 months!

19. vishesh says:

yeaa man,he hasn’t been doing it that well…it used to be more exciting..nowdays it hasn’t been the same

20. DODY says:

I prefer the away kit for these season that the yellow kit.they look optimistic

21. #1 Gooner says:

Arsenals Kit Is Diffrent But I Personally Like It Its Diffrent And Unique. We Need A Change In Away Kit Personally I Realy Like The White Away Kit In 2008. This Blue Kit Is Okay I Suppose, But Your Not Going to Win Games Because You Change Your Kit. We Need A New CB (Cahill) A Finisher Like Man Utds Hernandez And a winger to replace Rosicky And Arshavin When They Leave At The End Of The Season (Hopefully). Id Like To See Hazard Play For The Gooners He’s A Real Talent.

22. john says:

the kit looks good but will the season be good too?

23. gunnernutter says:

the away kit looks rotten.blue is the yiddos colour not arsenal.

24. A. Gooner says:

I like the new logo but like most people, I’d have preferred it if the cannon was the right way round. As for the away kit I suppose they tried to copy the 90s kits and didn’t do it properly. I guess it’s better than that white and blue one that’s also doing the rounds which looks a lot like a sp*rs shirt

ReplyReply
  25. away is really nice but should be yellow and blue looks much more like arsenal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. A.rsenal says:

Home kit pretty sexy, quite plain but still nice. Dont know whats up with the away kit, its nice but not quite sure what its got to do with arsenal except that we used it for a season.

27. Ayo says:

Nice 1 i love it up gunners

28. mahrukh says:

hi arsenal can i pls get the fly emirates blue and black i am a girl i dont know alot so i iwsh i can get it and it will make me better about arsenal remember me plss cani get it remember stay strongas always remember wht i said and i loveu