Jan

Henry: "The feeling I had when I scored was amazing"

Written by Chris Wheatley

Thierry Henry made a fairytale return to Arsenal on Monday night, scoring the winning goal against Leeds in the FA Cup third-round clash at Emirates Stadium.

The 34-year-old, who is Arsenal’s top goalscorer with 227 goals, came on as a second-half substitute with the match still deadlocked, and with 12 minutes to go, finished superbly with just his fifth touch of he ball.

“It is unreal,” Henry told ESPN. “Since I came back from holiday I did not think I would play for Arsenal again, now I score a winner.

“I love the club. I don’t know what I can say. I just wanted to help and hopefully I can do more.

“The feeling that I had when I scored was amazing. Scoring a goal when you support a team, now I know what it is like for the guys who played for Manchester United, Chelsea to score for the club you support.

“It is a wonderful opportunity. It is important because you do not know when you will get another one. It was important I took it.”

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger admitted in his post-match press conference that the Frenchman could be used upfront alongside Robin van Persie for Sunday’s away trip to Swansea.

However, Francis Coquelin won’t be available for the weekend’s game after suffering a hamstring injury during the win over Leeds, ruling him out for “a few weeks” while Johan Djourou should be back following suspension according to Wenger.

17 Comments on "Henry: "The feeling I had when I scored was amazing""

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
Kemi

Love you great legend.

Kemi
4 years 4 months ago

Love you great legend. Welcome back home.

meaner
meaner
4 years 4 months ago

Walcott did u c that? Ramilson was supposed to assist regularly, not Song’s duty.

oweilatei
4 years 4 months ago

Love you legend welcome back home.

offiong
offiong
4 years 4 months ago

Wat a fairy tale am hapi for Titi. But I a have to add it scares me ow we struggle to create chances wit all dat posession. Sumtyms I watch us play and I ask myself where d goal is going to cum frm. Wenger shd stop deluding himself tnkin Ramsey can give us dat creative spark in midfield cos it won’t apen.our only hope is jack just jack am hoping he can save us from ds impending mediocrity

nicholas
nicholas
4 years 4 months ago

welcome back the lovely and disciplined legend.We love you.

Medi
Medi

What a LEGEND!

The_Wenger_Boyz
The_Wenger_Boyz
4 years 4 months ago

You can’t put a price on composure. How many times do our strikers and midfielders, except RVP get a head rush when in similar positions?

rellends
rellends
4 years 4 months ago

form is temporary class is permanent. j’adore thierry.

Bilyaminu Tambuwal
Bilyaminu Tambuwal
4 years 4 months ago

Thank you Henry, we still love you, Up Gunners! Arsenal 4lyf.

mammuu gunners 4rever
4 years 4 months ago
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUU,am happy, not only b/c we won the game but also the one who made us win is our lovely old boy legend, I think the young players saw the way and the skill used by Thierry in scoring, he was calm with greater skill without rush,gently,with skill watched how the goalkeep stayed he kicked and score, Asharvin, Ramsey and OX lost alot of chances, I think if they could calm down and with skill they could have more than 8 goals…………..they must now use opportunity of learning while Henry is still there…I lv Henry vey much, I screamed much… Read more »
Idowu
Idowu
4 years 4 months ago

Thienry the Legend you are welcome. Came in as a subtitute and give us the Glory, that is you are Legend indeed. Up Gunners up Song

mammuu gunners 4rever
4 years 4 months ago

Special thanks to my home boy Alex Song (the sweet greater important song which is not sung) we must sing of the Alex song now, it is his time, he has been doing greater at the right moment and the bigger demand, Alex and henry are my hero today, he has done greater by giving the greater pass to henry who finally scored the goal……………..I love u my young home boy…………………..all of Arsenal fans we must stand now, clap our hands and sing Alex Song song.

ive
ive
4 years 4 months ago

Agee we should start bigging up our players, we`ve only got one SONG!!!!

4orte_Shto
4 years 4 months ago

Behold, Na$ri. None of the sheikh’s money will allow you to experience moments like this and such a profound fan’s admiration.

GunnerMacedonia
GunnerMacedonia
4 years 4 months ago

i dont want to sound like a girl, but the moment i saw henry scored the winning goal, his celebration and everything, it just gave me goose bumps and tears in my eyes. i am so emotional about our legend …

Nas
Nas
4 years 4 months ago

Soon Nasri and Cesc will realize they are missing…anyway The king bring us good lesson..hope others take it deeply serious…

wpDiscuz