Jun 27

Olympiacos make approach for Squillaci

Greek giants Olympiacos are interested in signing Sebastien Squillaci with the Frenchman close to mutually terminating his contract at Arsenal.

Squillaci, whose contract expires next summer, moved to Emirates Stadium on a three-year deal in 2010 and was deemed surplus to manager Arsene Wenger’s plans last summer but a permanent move never came to fruition despite tentative interest from AS Monaco.

Olympiacos have already drawn up a 1 million euro a year contract offer for Squillaci due to Olof Mellberg’s likely departure and Avraam Papadopoulous’ long term knee injury sustained at Euro 2012.

Ex-Sevilla centre back Squillaci has made just 23 appearances since arriving from Spain in 2010.

With thanks to Greek football writer Kostas Xydias.

8 Responses to “Olympiacos make approach for Squillaci”

1. Thundertinygooner says:

Praise the Lord!

ReplyReply
  2. as says:

A £1 MILLION pound a year contract! – wow…can I have one of those as well please, I think I too might be as SH*T as him!

No seriously…I wish him well, not good enough for Arsenal, but still a pro with Int Caps and good CV…good luck fella.

ReplyReply
  3. chino says:

Oh! My GOD!!
    All Gooners love to hear this news, please let him go for free! Save his salary to bring another good defender for Gunner!!!

Go!Go!Go!

ReplyReply
  4. edgar says:

let him gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ReplyReply
  5. edgar says:

let him go

ReplyReply
  6. fan says:

F U RVP. Now what am i going to do with your shirt I just bought?!?

ReplyReply
  7. James RS says:

@fan: Relax, dude! He might still stay for the one last season of his contract and even change his mind if we win something, which I deem highly unlikely… Still, it’s not yet clear what’s going to happen. Don’t do anything stupid with your shirt yet.

ReplyReply
  8. Squillaci linked with Olympiacos move | Arseblog News – the Arsenal news site says:

[...] Not for the first time this summer, Sebastian Squillaci is being linked with a move to Olympiacos. [...]