Nasri Drafted Into France Squad + Arsenal Youngsters Join Salamanca On Loan

Impressive Arsenal debutant Samir Nasri has been called up to the France squad set to face Sweden after Marseille winger Hatem Ben Arfa pulled out due to injury.

The 21-year-old former Marseille star scored his first Gunners’ goal against West Brom on Saturday and will be hoping to carry his club form onto country.

Ben Arfa, who was signed by L’OM as a replacement for Nasri, said.

“Physically I’m tired, three matches in a week, it’s not easy with a return like that. As well I hurt my adductors,” said Ben Arfa after helping his side to a 4-0 win over Auxerre in French league action on Sunday.

Nasri’s Arsenal teammates Bacary Sagna and Gael Clichy have also been selected after failing to make Raymond Domenech’s squad for Euro2008.

France squad to face Sweden:

Goalkeepers: Steve Mandanda (Marseille), Hugo Lloris (Lyon)

Defenders: Jean-Alain Boumsong (Lyon), Bacary Sagna (Arsenal), William Gallas (Arsenal), Patrice Evra (Manchester United), Rod Fanni (Rennes), Philippe Mexes (AS Rome), Gael Clichy (Arsenal)

Midfielder: Mathieu Flamini (AC Milan), Lassana Diarra (Portsmouth), Jeremy Toulalan (Lyon), Florent Malouda (Chelsea), Samir Nasri (Arsenal), Alou Diarra (Bordeaux), Yoann Gourcuff (Bordeaux), Sidney Govou (Lyon)

Strikers: Thierry Henry (Barcelona), Nicolas Anelka (Chelsea), Karim Benzema (Lyon)

In other news, defenders Håvard Nordtveit and Pedro Botelho have been sent on loan to Spanish Segunda side UD Salamanca.

Norweigan centre-back Nordtveit joined Arsenal last summer from FK Haugesund and was made Reserve team captain, but despite showing early promise, much of his campaign was blighted by injury.

Håvard will join fellow Arsenal loanee Pedro Botelho at the Spanish club and is likely to make his competitive debut for Salamanca in the first league game of the season, at home to Alaves on August 31st.

trackback

[…] Arsenal midfielder was called into Les Bleus’ squad on Monday following the withdrawal of winger Hatem Ben Arfa, who […]

gunna4lyf

yeah man im muslim and i found it rude, but still you know got to live wiv it. bless.

chrissie_greeno
chrissie_greeno

Sky commentator was pathetic of Saturday I just recalled. There was a shot of Nasri praying (Muslim style) and the commentator laughed and basically said – what’s the lad doing there looks like he in some sort of world of his own. how do these uneducated peasants get these postions ?

Fabo(4)
Fabo(4)

I think you’ve got it the wrong way round with regards to Clichy being better than Evra going forward and Evra being the better defender. I think Evra only just shades it going forward but Clichy is much better defender. I base this on the quality of opposition he faced last season (including the so-called best player in the world, Ronaldo) and always coming out on top. In contrast Evra had a few problems with tricky wingers, I remember Aaron Lennon giving him the run around last season. Clichy is the best LB in the world at the moment, for… Read more »

Fabregas' Dad
Fabregas' Dad

Evra’s better at defending but Clichy’s better going forward. Overall Clichy’s better though because I don’t think Evra’s great at handling the better wingers (Hleb ran circles around him at Old Trafford last season).

JoeTodd

I personally think he’s teh best left back in the world. In front of Evra and Cashley in the prem, definetely.

Fabo(4)
Fabo(4)

Why wasn’t Nasri in the squad in the first place? I hope Clichy starts ahead of Evra because he’s clearly the better player, but tell that to the French coach.

GoonerChris

Domenech favours Ben Arfa ahead of Nasri by the looks of it.

Clichy should play, I think Evra will start though.

Fabo(4)
Fabo(4)

By the way can anyone tell me if there is a way to see this game without having to go through the online streaming route?

GoonerChris

Nope, sorry. I don’t think it’s on TV over here.

ahassan100

Imagine
arsenal signed ben arfa and nasri?

Gooner4life&beyond
Gooner4life&beyond

I don’t think Clichy is really better than Evra, whichever one you play, you’re onto a winner.

JoeTodd

He may not be better now, but there’s no doubt he will be.

Fabregas' Dad
Fabregas' Dad

Fuck, here I was happy that the idiocy of Domenech could’ve continued but now he’s taken Gallas, Clichy, Sagna and Nasri. Four first teamers.

Where’d you get the news about Nordtveit? Haven’t read it anywhere else.

Fabregas' Dad
Fabregas' Dad

Hopefully Nordtveit can get first team football there with Pedro. I’d expect they’re waiting for Wenger to give the go ahead.

GoonerChris

He’s a solid defender, I think he would of done well in the Carling Cup this season.

jj
jj

If someone says evra is better than clichy basing on last year and on the current form,they are bitter and twisted…clichy was voted the best left back last season and on the current form he is still the best in the premiership………if u doubt go and hunger yourself…….period!!

ahassan100

I also have match preview if u wanna check. Also regular Arsenal analysis and news. Thanks.Go to:

GoonerChris

I added your link on the sidebar mate, so no real point in advertising.

ahassan100

Fine. First Mr Sanderson, now you. Humphs (Jokes). Keep up the good work. You may have a rival on ur hands. (I’m talking about me by the way if u didn’t know already). Anyway I hope Aliadiere is a good liar. :<

GoonerChris