Porstmouth Sign Arsenal Left Back Traore

As we revealed to you just a couple of hours ago, Portsmouth have signed Arsenal left-back Armand Traore on a season-long loan deal.

Pompey boss Harry Redknapp opted to move for the teenager after Jerome Thomas made his loan move permanent which allowed Redknapp to make another loan signing.

With Mikael Silvestre’s move from Manchester United to Arsenal, it has freed up the the Frenchman’s move to Fratton Park.

Joining Arsenal from AS Monaco, Traore, 18, has been used mainly as a reserve, although he has been a regular fixture in Wenger’s young Carling Cup team.

His first team debut came against West Bromwich Albion in October 2006, coming on as a 24th minute substitute for Emmanuel Adebayor.

He went on to start Arsenal’s League Cup Fourth Round match against Everton, played against Liverpool in the quarter finals and was praised for his performance, raiding down the left flank.

He finally got his league debut on April 5, 2008, against Liverpool and was used as a left-winger in Arsenal’s final two league games of the 2007/08 season.

Possessing great pace, and confidence on the ball, Traore was a member of the France U-17 squad. He was the only member of the squad employed by a club from outside France and is seen as a future star of the French national side.

Gooner Talk would like to wish Armand all the best with his season-long loan spell with Pompey.

SebCesc
SebCesc

Its good as he'll get some games and more premier league experience – seems we are still tracking Inler as well and hopefully get him in the next week or so.

JoeTodd

Like I said earlier I'm happy that he's gone to Pompey. I'd like to see Inler snap Deco or Lampard in half.

gunna4lyf

is he gnna be used as left bakk or left wing?

GoonerChris

Probably left back as Pompey are short in that position.

aqqe
aqqe

I'll be looking forward to seeing him get a few minutes in the Premier League this season then, hopefully as a winger.

Hint: Portsmouth has alot of defenders in their squad, but currently only 5 fit midfielders.

Attila
Attila

I think it will be good for him.

Mr. T
Mr. T

This is a good move. Hopefully he can get some games playing as a LB and as a LM. I heard from some people Wenger was in Geneva watching the Switzerland game. Very interesting.

Mr. T
Mr. T

Type your comment here.

Simgoon
Simgoon

Will he get some games? Pompey aren't short in left-back. Why is it better to spend most of the season on the bench there than get a good run in the Carling and get some match time when appropriate to give Clichy a rest?
Don't get it???

ahassan100

i had this before u on my site. pity there wasn't anyone to see it. come to my site. joking (but true) http://www.arsenalcolumn.wordpress.com

Spurdozer
Spurdozer

Hi guys. I also heard that Arsene was at Geneva watching Switzerland. I read it in Gunnerblog. But Arsenal Insider report that Inler deal is dead. I dearly hope that Silvestre deal is not the last one. What do you think Gooner chris.

GoonerChris

ahassan, please stop advertising your blog on here mate. If you want a link swap, e-mail me and I'll put it up.

GoonerChris

GunnerBlog is right, Wenger was in Geneva watching Inler. He came off in the second half and had a decent game from what I heard.

I doubt Silvestre was the only signing, I expect Inler to become the second acquistion very soon.

Spurdozer
Spurdozer

Thanks Gooner chris. Keep up the good work. I hope so too.

ahassan100

Hi Chris. Yeah it'd be great if I could have my link at the side. I already had yours on the side of mine because it's one of the sites I like however I thought I already asked u for a link swap. U once told me not to advertise as my link was at the side but now it seems not. Isn't it ok to put my link after a comment like I did before? I felt it was a perfectly legitimate comment if u ask me. Anyway keep up the good work….Made me feel kinda down right now… Read more »

ahassan100

I'd personally prefer Annan or Alonso. If not use Diaby and Song. Inler may need time to settle but he is similar to Alonso in my view. Plus Alonso has more experience, better tackler and played a blinder for Spain yesterday. Inler is not as good defensively as offensively.

Enable Notifications    Ok No thanks