Fabregas In, Senderos Out – Twente Team News

Arsenal midfield maestro Cesc Fabregas is set to return from a hamstring injury as the Gunners’ play the return leg of their UEFA Champions League qualifier against FC Twente at Emirates Stadium tomorrow evening.

Switzerland international Phillipe Senderos won’t play though. The 23-year-old was today undergoing a medical with Serie A giants AC Milan.

New signing recruited from Manchester United, Mikael Silvestre, will not play due to a thigh muscle strain which will keep him out the side until mid-September.

Abou Diaby (thigh), Amaury Bischoff (groin), Tomas Rosicky (hamstring) and striker Eduardo (leg) remain in recovery.

Predicted Starting XI

Almunia
Sagna – Toure – Gallas – Clichy
Walcott – Fabregas – Denilson – Nasri
Adebayor – Van Persie

The match kick’s off at 8.05pm tomorrow evening and is live on BBC3 and you can catch all the game build-up here on Gooner Talk with a match preview later this evening and a match report immediately after full-time tomorrow night.

Steven The Gunner
Steven The Gunner

Thats Good News To See Fabregas Back Hopefully By This Wenger Can Get Him A Better Partner Coz In My Eyes Denilson Is NOT A DM

Steven The Gunner
Steven The Gunner

Thats Good News To See Fabregas Back Hopefully By This Week Wenger Can Get Him A Better Partner Coz In My Eyes Denilson Is NOT A DM

GoonerChris

They were a little exposed against Ajax in the Amsterdam Tournament and it's no secret that we need a defensive midfielder either.

Gooner_14
Gooner_14

Denilson needs to be rested. He looked very tired and i think that Ramsey should play since we are 2 up. This will allow Denilson to recharge his battries and be back to his best for Newcastle.

Also need big performances from Persie and Walcott for thier confidences.

wonnie
wonnie

i dont know why walcott is in your prefferred team rather than ebue. walcott is rubish but still ebue bashing is all the rage now

GoonerChris

I feel Wenger will give Walcott a run in the team so he won't be dropped for this game.

It's a predicted line up, who do you think will start mate?

J w V
J w V

Its not preferred, its predicted. I agree though, eboue does get some shit from “fans” but hes better than walcott.

Fabregas' Dad
Fabregas' Dad

I'm predicting:

Almunia
Sagna – Toure – Gallas – Clichy
Eboue – Fabregas – Song – Nasri
Adebayor – Van Persie

I'd like to see Djourou play in place of Toure but I don't think it's gonna happen.

American Gooner
American Gooner

Get Denilson out of there he is atrocious – I would rather have clueless Eboue at least he can sometimes connect a pass and not get caught dribbling 7 times against Fulham. End the Denilson experiment.

Also, how about a Wilshire run once we get up one or two, for Walcott needs to start stepping up already!

ojur benson
ojur benson

let me hope they will make us happy not like sat. where everyone was playing his ball. but even if sendrrrrrr goes, there will be no change as people may think. the defence is ok but our mid is not nice butttttttttttttttt as FAB is back, I must jump 2morrow.

ChrisMoz
ChrisMoz

at least wenger did one thing the fans wanted….getting rid of senderos!!!! 🙂

Mr. T
Mr. T

Great news Fabreclass is back! Hopefully we can get a player with great quality to partner him this season. I think Song should be in place of Denilson. Are people seriously happy that Senderos is gone?? *shakes head* if it was one person I'd want to leave that would be Gallas!

DeiseGooner
DeiseGooner

Id like to see

Almunia
Sagna Kolo Gallas Clichy
TW14 Cesc Djourou Nasri
VanP Ade

Djourou can handle the high ball better that Gallas and Kolo leaving them to man mark the strikers and do the mopping up at the back

ChrisMoz
ChrisMoz

well yes, ideally gallas would be out aswell but wenger seems to have a large affection for him most likely because he is french. kolo and djourou at the back with kolo the captain..

Andy
Andy

Personally I would like to see Song play. He's tall, brings physical presence to the team and can pass the ball as well. Flamini's job last year was simple win the ball and knock it to one of our more creative players. Song does not have Flamini's engine but look at Makelele he wasn't a box to box player but he made the DM role his own. We do have other options in the middle of the park, Denilson, Ramsey, Diaby, Djourou and song. They are all taleneted young players, what we need is a bit of experience, and I… Read more »

Narutokun
Narutokun

This is the strongest line up for arsenal

Almunia

Sagna Djourou Gallas Clichy

Rosicky Alonso Fabregas Nasri

Adebayor Eduardo

Andy
Andy

What no RVP? He's are second most creative player after Cesc and can make something out of nothing when we r up against a wall. He has a special talent and is different from a lot of other of our players because he will actually shoot on sight.

ChrisMoz
ChrisMoz

i think that because van persie didn;t score against fulham and took 4 or so poor free-kicks people now think that he is shit when he definately isn't. him and cesc are our best passers in terms of through balls and clever things like that

Mouhsin
Mouhsin

I think Wenger will mix it up this time…

Fabianski
Sagna Djourou Song Clichy
Walcott Ramsey Denilson Nasri
Bendtner Vela

james
james

i want to see Walcot and RVP up front tommorow

james
james

i believe that is one partnership wenger needs to look at. It could work

Stu
Stu

Im actually so gutted that Senderos is gone and apparently it could be permanent. He is a great defender when he has some confidence and a run in the team.

I think Wenger will leave Ade or Gallas out to send a message to show they arn't untouchable. I would also promote Fabianski permanently. My team vs Twente:

Fabianski
Sagna Toure Djourou Clichy(c)
Ramsey Song Cesc Nasri/wilshere
RVP/Vela Bendtner

james
james

please no Bendtner I'm tied of seeing that clown i don't know what u guys think
but i think hes saw shit

jrock
jrock

Song in for Denilson?

james
james

Ive notice wenger says the same thing in every interview. He him self doesn't even seem confident any more his body language just isn't the same as it use to be

Gunner Jillu
Gunner Jillu

Just heard about Inler! Knew he wasnt going to sign. Alonso is on his way I think. Another blogger on the Inler article said Ballack, not a bad idea

JamJam
JamJam

Gooner Talk the new “Caught Offside”

Gunner Jillu
Gunner Jillu

Agonising week ahead before deadline day

JamJam
JamJam
Andy
Andy

Shut up JamJam you muppet, this is one of the best blogs out there, how dare you compare it to the pure shit that is Caught Offside. This blog provides good and detailed stories on Arsenal based on reliable sources. The Inler story seems like a mistake and perhaps it is, but everyone makes mistakes. Or he was on his way and then they held talks at the last minute and he decided to stay. You don't know because you know fuck all about this blog, and what it stands for.

GoonerChris

It was one article I got wrong JamJam.

You also mentioned about Nasri, I was the first to reveal that he was signing for Arsenal so please don't criticise me for that.

As for CaughtOffside, I will repeat myself again, I do not use headlines or write my articles like this:

Arsenal very keen on £24m ‘NEW MESSI’! CaughtOffside (Weblog) 21:56

Arsenal keen to sign £8m ‘New Hargreaves’: Is this a good idea? CaughtOffside (Weblog) 20:52

Arsenal seal £6m deal: This is incredible!
CaughtOffside (Weblog) 22:02 25-Aug-08

gunnersant
gunnersant

UPDATE TRANSFER TABLE! 😀 (people out on loan)

😀

GoonerChris

Cheers Andy.

Cyril

Fabianski
Sagna Toure Djourou Clichy(c)
Wilshere Song Cesc Nasri
Vela Bendtner

Don't put RvP/Adebayor on the field right now, these two are cold (not scoring)

Vela Bendtner have something special together and I believe they are much more trustworthy than Denilson/RvP in particular

Cyril

What about real action???let’s have the balls!!!
to field our dream team now against FC TWente instead of shopping around !!!

let’s put our dream team together !!

Fabianski
Sagna Gallas Song Clichy(c)
Wilshere Ramsey Cesc Vela
Nasri Adebayor

I want 4-5-1 tonight actually vela is better on the left I hear and Nasri in the whole

I
WANT WENGER TO STOP THE ROT AND GIVE THE REAL YOUNGSTERS A CHANCE .

The ROT: Eboue, Van Persie, Walcott

Stu
Stu

I see our strongest XI as this:

Fabianski
Bak JD PS Clichy
Song
Rosicky Cesc Nasri
Vela Bendtner

Rhe above takes form into consideration thus far this season (particularly the sevilla game). Toure/Gallas hasn't been working for a long time now while the Ade/RvP team hasn't done anything as of late either.

I know Senderos is gone but i wish he wasn't so im still putting him there.

Chris, what do you think of Landreau of PSG. He's the french no.1 and only 29. Could be a nice buy as i dont thimk Almunia is good enough.

Enable Notifications    OK No thanks