Match Preview: Blackburn v Arsenal (Premier League)

Arsene Wenger’s first ever game in charge of Arsenal was a 2-0 win against Blackburn at Ewood Park; the same scoreline would be welcomed with opened arms if it was to occur tomorrow.

Blackburn have registered one league win in five seasons against the Gunners side, and lost eight of the 10 fixtures. Morten Gamst Pedersen scored in the only victory; 1-0 on 25 February 2006 at Ewood Park.

Match Facts

If Emmanuel Adebayor scored tomorrow, he is a hat-trick shy of 50 goals for Arsenal.

If selected, Ivorian defender Kolo Toure will be making his 200th Premier League appearance – all for the Gunners.

Also if selected, Theo Walcott will be making his 100th club career appearance (Southampton and Arsenal).

Team News:

Arsenal will assess the fitness of midfielder Samir Nasri (knee) ahead of the trip to Blackburn.

England hat-trick hero Theo Walcott could be rested to the bench on Saturday, but recent signing Mikael Silvestre (thigh) remains a doubt.

Striker Carlos Vela looks set to be given more recovery time following a late return from international duty with Mexico, while Tomas Rosicky (hamstring), Abou Diaby (thigh), Amaury Bischoff (groin) and striker Eduardo (leg) remain in recovery.

Predicted Starting XI

Almunia
Sagna – Toure – Gallas – Clichy
Walcott – Fabregas – Song – Nasri
Adebayor – van Persie

Match Prediction: Blackburn Rovers 1-2 Arsenal

Leave your views and predictions of tomorrows game in the comments section below.

Steven The Gunner
Steven The Gunner

Will Nasri Be Playing Tomorrow

Goon
Goon

Supposedly he's having a late fitness test beforehand as he was complaining about his knee nagging him a little before the France game midweek. Nothing too serious from the sounds of it. They may just stick him on the bench to play the last twenty minutes or so i reckon (if anything).

Alan
Alan

Assuming Nasri is out I can't see AW playing Adebayor, RvP and Bendtner together, especially not with TW on the other side.
I think he'll go with
Almunia,
Sagna, Toure, Gallas, Clichy,
Eboue, Fabregas, Song, Denilson,
Adebayor, RvP

Subs: Fabianski, Gibbs, Djourou, Ramsey, Wilshire, Bendtner, TW

Prediction: Blackburn 1-1 Arsenal

GoonerChris

Wilshere unlikely to be picked in the squad over Randall.

Nasri will probably be in the squad, whether he starts is another matter.

Danny B
Danny B

Hope nasri will play. We need him.
How the hell does Liverpool get Torres and Gerrard fit for Manchester United?Both are injured for International duty, but fit for Liverpool yeah. They always do it.
1-3 to Arsenal. Remember folks dont be scared of santa cruz. He is dangerous and is very likely to score one. But then look at who they have in goal. thats right. ROBINSON. Expect a flurry of goals conceded by the goalkeeper with the lowest confidence in ther game. £10 on 3-1 to Arsenal, its a banker!!! 🙂 do it… dooit…

Moe
Moe

I agree with Alan

The form will more likely be this :

Almunia,
Sagna, Toure, Gallas, Clichy,
Eboue, Fabregas, Song, Denilson,
Adebayor, RvP

but it doesn't make a lot of sense since there is no left wing player but who knows ! I will wait and see what Wenger will do about that

1-0 for Arsenal

Fabregas' Dad
Fabregas' Dad

Guess what guys? Rosicky's had another setback in his recovery. It seems he won't be back 'till October now.

Fabregas' Dad
Fabregas' Dad

I think Nasri will play because he was rested for the game so hopefully he's recovered.

Almunia
Sagna – Toure – Gallas – Clichy
Eboue – Fabregas – Denilson – Nasri
Adebayor – van Persie

This is my expected starting line up, although if Nasri is injured, I think Wenger will go for:

Almunia
Sagna – Toure – Gallas – Clichy
Eboue – Fabregas – Denilson – Walcott
Adebayor – van Persie

Oh and not only did Liverpool get Torres and Gerrard fit but Man U also got Hargreaves and Carrick fit. Cheating bastards.

AlwaysArsenal
AlwaysArsenal

Danny B – Nasri did exactly the same on the alst international break. He was injured for the France game then came back to score for Arsenal. Don't be surprised if he plays at Blackburn too.

Ramsey's Nan
Ramsey's Nan

If Walcott And Nasri Are Injured/Rested, This Would Be My Starting XI

Almunia

Sagna Toure Gallas Clichy

Eboue Fabregas Song Van Persie

Adebayor Bendtner

I Hope Song Gets
A Chance Ahead Of Denilson, He Seems To Be More Suited To The DM Position.

3-0 Arsenal !

GunnerPete
GunnerPete

Sometimes I cannot accept for the life of me that AFC can have so many career threatening injuries! The team I'd like to put out has 4 players injured.

So hoping for common sense I would like the following team But if things are going well a few subs second half shown in Brackets:

Almunia, Sagna,Doujurou, Gallas (Toure) Clichy.

Eboue (walcott) Fabregas, Song, Nasri (Gibbs)

AdeB..Van P.

If Theo is rested totally then Wilshire would be my choice as sub.

Other subs: Fabiansky, Bentner, Ramsey, Denilson

marcus
marcus

Wenger out. Hes taking us backwards. I speak for the vast majority when I call for this guy to be ran like the dog he is

marcus
marcus

Danny B
Danny B

Marcus- how can you say that. Wenger is a genius and is doing amazingly even though he lacks the funds to buy expensive players. Man city, Liverpool, and Chelsea all have investors that fund transfers. If anyone should go, its members of the board, not Wenger.Times have changed, and it will never be the same as it was five years ago.Last year I felt the same as marcus, glory-hunting and using wenger as an excuse. But i learnt that wenger giving the circumstance is again AMAZING. Look at Tottenham and Liverpool spending over £50 million for the last 2 seasons… Read more »

arsenalcolumn.wordpress.com

Roberts will be a big danger I feel because of his strength but Robinson's poor positioning is the weak link. They've also let in 7 goals already.

RE: Marcus. u speak for the uneducated minority who want wenger out. Maybe he shud have bought one more but he is the best thing that's happened to the club and if he leaves because of a new regime u'll see. YOU'LL ALL SEE!! LOL.

iJemz
iJemz

What the fuck are you talking about.

Gunner Jillu
Gunner Jillu

Walcott being built up for a dud game i beleive. Hate it when the press build up a player after one good performance. The guy still has a lot to learn and he has to start banging them in for club before he can make it to the big time. Hopefully this will give him the confidence to start being more influential in games

caribkid
caribkid

Going off past behavior, Arsene will probably start Eboue and Denilson in place of Song and Walcott. He might rest Gallas and insert Djourou.

Prediction: Arsenal 2 – 1 Blackburn

Theo will come on in the 2nd stanza and score the winning goal 🙂

trackback

[…] midfield maestro Jack Wilshere has been added to the travelling party ahead of tomorrow’s Premier League tie against Blackburn […]

Steven The Gunner
Steven The Gunner

Will Nasri Be Playing Tomorrow

Goon
Goon

Supposedly he’s having a late fitness test beforehand as he was complaining about his knee nagging him a little before the France game midweek. Nothing too serious from the sounds of it. They may just stick him on the bench to play the last twenty minutes or so i reckon (if anything).

Alan
Alan

Assuming Nasri is out I can’t see AW playing Adebayor, RvP and Bendtner together, especially not with TW on the other side.
I think he’ll go with
Almunia,
Sagna, Toure, Gallas, Clichy,
Eboue, Fabregas, Song, Denilson,
Adebayor, RvP

Subs: Fabianski, Gibbs, Djourou, Ramsey, Wilshire, Bendtner, TW

Prediction: Blackburn 1-1 Arsenal

GoonerChris
Reply to  Alan

Wilshere unlikely to be picked in the squad over Randall.

Nasri will probably be in the squad, whether he starts is another matter.

Danny B
Danny B

Hope nasri will play. We need him.

Moe
Moe

I agree with Alan

The form will more likely be this :

Almunia,
Sagna, Toure, Gallas, Clichy,
Eboue, Fabregas, Song, Denilson,
Adebayor, RvP

but it doesn’t make a lot of sense since there is no left wing player but who knows ! I will wait and see what Wenger will do about that

1-0 for Arsenal

Fabregas' Dad
Fabregas' Dad

Guess what guys? Rosicky’s had another setback in his recovery. It seems he won’t be back ’till October now.

Fabregas' Dad
Fabregas' Dad

I think Nasri will play because he was rested for the game so hopefully he’s recovered.

Almunia
Sagna – Toure – Gallas – Clichy
Eboue – Fabregas – Denilson – Nasri
Adebayor – van Persie

Almunia
Sagna – Toure – Gallas – Clichy
Eboue – Fabregas – Denilson – Walcott
Adebayor – van Persie

AlwaysArsenal
AlwaysArsenal

Danny B – Nasri did exactly the same on the alst international break. He was injured for the France game then came back to score for Arsenal. Don’t be surprised if he plays at Blackburn too.

Ramsey's Nan
Ramsey's Nan

If Walcott And Nasri Are Injured/Rested, This Would Be My Starting XI

Almunia

Sagna Toure Gallas Clichy

Eboue Fabregas Song Van Persie

Adebayor Bendtner

I Hope Song Gets A Chance Ahead Of Denilson, He Seems To Be More Suited To The DM Position.

3-0 Arsenal !

GunnerPete
GunnerPete

Sometimes I cannot accept for the life of me that AFC can have so many career threatening injuries! The team I’d like to put out has 4 players injured.

Almunia, Sagna,Doujurou, Gallas (Toure) Clichy.

Eboue (walcott) Fabregas, Song, Nasri (Gibbs)

AdeB..Van P.

If Theo is rested totally then Wilshire would be my choice as sub.

Other subs: Fabiansky, Bentner, Ramsey, Denilson

marcus
marcus

iJemz
iJemz
Reply to  marcus

What the fuck are you talking about.

marcus
marcus

Danny B
Danny B

Marcus- how can you say that. Wenger is a genius and is doing amazingly even though he lacks the funds to buy expensive players. Man city, Liverpool, and Chelsea all have investors that fund transfers. If anyone should go, its members of the board, not Wenger. Times have changed, and it will never be the same as it was five years ago.Last year I felt the same as marcus, glory-hunting and using wenger as an excuse. But i learnt that wenger giving the circumstance is again AMAZING. Look at Tottenham and Liverpool spending over £50 million for the last 2… Read more »

arsenalcolumn.wordpress.com

Roberts will be a big danger I feel because of his strength but Robinson’s poor positioning is the weak link. They’ve also let in 7 goals already.

RE: Marcus. u speak for the uneducated minority who want wenger out. Maybe he shud have bought one more but he is the best thing that’s happened to the club and if he leaves because of a new regime u’ll see. YOU’LL ALL SEE!! LOL.

Gunner Jillu