Appiah Being Scouted By 'European Clubs'

Arsenal could be about to revive their interest in Stephen Appiah, with a January move for the Ghana midfielder looking possible.

Appiah, a free agent following his release from Turkish club Fenerbache, had been considering terms to sign at several top European sides.

However, the 27-year-old is keen to ply his trade in England and it is understood Arsenal could now offer him that opportunity as manager Arsene Wenger contemplates a potential move for a player who has seen himself plagued by injury in recent seasons.

“I am training with Brescia at the moment,” he told skysports.com.

“I am happy with my form but I need to get the match fitness, apart from that I am fine.

“I would like to thank my national coach for giving me the chance to play the game against Tunisia

“I heard there will be scouts from Germany and England, I need a football club and very soon I will sign, very soon.”

Wenger has been a long-term admirer of Appiah – known as ‘The Tornado’ – and his instant availability could prompt the Frenchman into entering negotiations with the unattached midfielder, who two years ago revealed he was close to joining the club before a knee injury denied him.

But Appiah still harbours hopes of realising his ‘dream’ to join compatriots Michael Essien, Harminu Dramani and John Pantsil in the Premier League and is confident that he will soon sign for a top flight club.

He said two months ago:

“My dream is to play in the Premier League and with the help of God, I will realise that dream.”

Certainly, Wenger’s depleted midfield requires urgent strengthening, following the recent league blows against Fulham, Hull, Stoke and Aston Villa.

The Brain

More of an attacking central midfielder than defensive but can still play there. I’m not convinced of the interest.

Gooner Chris

It’s speculation of course mate. He is a player Wenger admires and with January approaching, a move for an Appiah-type player looks likely.

Samuel
Samuel

If he is a free agent, why would we wait until January? And not say, now or two months ago when Wenger said he had no interest. Appiah will never play for Arsenal. This is just idle speculation, which is a shame because this sites usually better.

Ian
Ian

Wtf? How is he more of an attacking player?? I wish people would know their facts before confidently talking nonsense. He’s an all action midfielder who drives foward. Amongst his strongest qualities are ball winning and closing down opposition like essien or flamini. Definately our type of player, but unfortunately just can’t see it happening.

Neil
Neil

I will believe it when i see it,

Neil
Neil

Gooner Chris, you’re wrong once again. Wenger has said time and time again he will never buy a player that’s owned by a third part. Appeiah falls into that category. Do you’re research next time

Gooner Chris

It was this blog that actually published an article on THAT Neil.

After looking into it further, I have found out that Appiah is not owned by a third party.

boomer
boomer

You cant sign players on free transfers after the end of october. (or september, im not 100% sure, but one of these dates)

Gooner Chris

Frank Trimboli is his agent, who currently works for Base Soccer Agency.

Gooner Chris

I’m not 100% sure on that one Boomer, I’ll look into it, but if that is the case, then it is one reason why Appiah hasn’t moved to the Premier League at the moment.

Gooner Dare MKD
Gooner Dare MKD

He will fit perfectly in the team.And what about Daniele de Rossi rumors that Arsenal are linked with him,and also I read that Arsenal are close to agreeing a deal with De Rossi???

Neil
Neil

Relax, Gooner Dare MKD.

As long as Wenger is in charge of Arsenal, you won’t be seeing any top players come to the club!

Gooner Dare MKD
Gooner Dare MKD

Yeah I know we have denilson and song they are much better than de rossi,or appiah,or veloso.:)

Gooner Dare MKD
Gooner Dare MKD

Van Persie score 2 goals for Holland at last someone is in form.:)

Daz
Daz

RvP scoring goals for Holland is not good… NOT GETTING INJURED IS 🙂 Does his suspension finish at Man City?

tony
tony

ANYONE WILL DO JUST BUY SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!