Alonso Apologises, Cesc Unavaliable For Three MONTHS?

Cesc

Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas is expected to discover the extent of his knee injury tomorrow afternoon, with Guillem Balague suggesting it could be worse than first thought.

The 21-year-old Spanish international limped out of yesterday’s 1-1 draw with Liverpool and will miss the entire festive programme.

Fabregas was unable to continue for the second half after picking up a possible knee ligament injury when he collided with Spain compatriot Xabi Alonso.

Sky Sports Spanish football pundit Guillem Balague believes the injury could mean months out, rather than a few weeks.

He told his personal website:

“Quite often, in situations like this, the player has an innate sense of how bad an injury really is and there is a real fear that Cesc has torn a cruciate ligament in his right knee – meaning he would face closer to three months, rather than three weeks, on the sidelines.”

In fairness to Alonso, he managed to visit Cesc immediately after the game to wish him well and to see how his close pal was doing.

Arsenal.com are expected to provide information on the seriousness of the injury later tomorrow afternoon.

Ade

Togolese frontman Emmanuel Adebayor will also miss Friday’s trip to Villa Park despite big doubts over his second yelow offence against Liverpool.

The actions of the Arsenal striker were clumsy at best, but replays showed there was no use of the elbow.

Don’t forget, you can follow all the build-up towards Friday’s game with Villa here at Gooner Talk – the no.1 site for all things Arsenal.

jrock
jrock

I don’t think it’s worth speculating on the extent of Cesc’s injury. I strained my knee ligaments in a similar way that Cesc got injured, I couldn’t put any weight on it and I thought for certain I had torn something. It turned out they were just severely strained and I was up and running again in a week. Cesc was able to walk off the field which is a good sign.

Gooner Chris

Very good sign indeed. Balague seems to believe it could be worse than first feared.

Let’s hope it’s not as serious, just like your very own mate. 🙂

robert
robert

If he is gone for the Roma game we are really in BIG trouble :S

trackback

[…] to ballague cesc could be out for 3 months Alonso Apologises, Cesc Unavaliable For Three MONTHS? | Gooner Talk […]

aj
aj

Don’t worry, Robert. We can play all those “super,super players” that we are going to buy in January, instead.

nemo
nemo

this could be a blessing in disguise. i now know for sure that arsenal are going to be active in the january transfer.

Dave
Dave

O´TOOLe?? What an appropriate surname if ever there was one! haha

chris
chris

seaman o toole haha!

Danish Gooner
Danish Gooner

If he is gone for three months which usually means 5 months in real terms……….we are fucked.

Alex
Alex

Taking the michael out of someones name?

Grow up you sad clowns!

Dave
Dave

Was all fair and deserved! Having some prat come on here and being disrespectful is not on fella!

Dave
Dave

You will also note the rascist undertones of his comment- “gorilla”! So, you sir are the moron!

Alex
Alex

I see what Seamus put in his initial post and I dont think that it was right for him to use such language at all, but I took it in the context that Adebayor was clumsy in his attempts to shield the ball. Anyway, the most omportant thing is that Chelsea did not win tonight and that Everton should be applauded for helping make this current premiership race very interesting!!!

Maximus
Maximus

Who are you Tool to call Ade a gorilla! what a nutter idiot, in this age you only serve to downgrade your lowly existence if at all you had any by using such racist utterances. Grow up and stick to your hole because your contribution is not helping anyone.

imtiaz
imtiaz

is it just me or is Arsenal the most unlucky team in the world?! has there ever been a season in recent times where 5 or 6 of our most important players are not injured?! i mean why couldnt it be Eboue or Song out instead of Fabregas or Rosicky or Walcott or Nasri or Van Persie?!

if that aint enough then what about the slew of crap decisions that went against us in crucial matches! Enough to make one paranoid – bad spiritual mojo or conspiracy ?

fanner
fanner

Alonso went for the harsh tackle with a 40-60 ball, I cannot believe that he did that to his international team mate.

andy c

listen lads i am a liverpool fan and to tell you the truth i am gutted about cesc but the tackle was fair both players committed a 50 50 and unfortunately cesc came off worse

redman
redman

come on you lot alonso,s tackle was fair. everyone who saw it knows it was. even old blue nose andy gray said itwas., i thoughtafter we scored we were the better team, and the one with the best chances, sg should have buried that sitter he missed. the trouble with arsenal is wenger he is too stubborn, he needs experience. that team can play but they are now getting found out your defence is poor your goal keeper is a joke. and the bottom line is you have no real striker, there all good players but none 25/30 goal a… Read more »

rich

thats right coz torres is never injured is he…anyway we will have our number 9 back,and he will show you what scoring is all about

Andov
Andov

I think that the problem will come when knee to cool and when he make a move from the bed that will be a problem.But I think 30 days will be out.

mykill
mykill

im a liverpool fan and it was a good tackle attempt if their taken out of football then its the end of football as a contact sport, on the same note adebayor did seem to just be sheilding the ball and what arbeloa did has lost me alot of respect for him

Damian
Damian

Its the boards fault it was a tackle he should never of made & wouldn,t of risked with Flamini in the side a/ Flamini would of already been there or b/ would be covering

Marty Price

It was a fair tackle. The thing is, that he is the CORE of the squad. Do they now have the mental resources? I think the way they played with 10 was fantastic! We are depth poor and I wish now more then ever that we had picked up Alonso. for us it was a no brainer. Denilson is growing every match, and do not under rarte Song. His style is clumsy, and his passing could be better, but he is a tough nut to crack. I do agree that there are dudes out therre that would love to be… Read more »

morphy NWOKE
morphy NWOKE

THIS IS A BLESSING IN DISGUISE.

AESEN WILL HAVE NO OPTION BUT TO BUY IN JANUARY. WE ARE TIRED OF LOOSING ONE PLAYER AND THE WHOLE TEAM CRUMBLES.

Red Rog
Red Rog

I am sorry that Fabregas is injured and I hope he is back playing for you soon….but what on earth has Xabi Alonso got to apologise for?

Alan
Alan

Wenger left us wide open to this. The available squad is disgraceful considering the money AFC charge supporters.

Loz
Loz

Nah… FOUR MONTHS. Game over.

Carl
Carl

I am truly sorry for Cesc, hope he recovers quickly, however it was 50/50 and these things happen. There is nowhere to lay the blame. On the sending off, I’ve seen it from loads of angles and whilst trying to shield the ball Adebayor used his arm, there was slight contact, don’t think it warranted a 2nd yellow card though, but when seen at full speed it was an easy mistake for the ref to make, especially as Arbeloa enhanced it. And yes I am a Liverpool fan..

Carl
Carl

P.S Why does the headline say Alonso apologizes?? no mention of it in the article, Kinda implies Alonso had something to be sorry for just to make the writer feel better and to insinuate Alonso was in the wrong for going for a 50/50 ball….

Carl
Carl

heres the true story of Alonso’s visit to Cesc.Alonso visited Fabregas immediately after the game to enquire about his health and insists he will do all he can to help his fellow Spanish midfielder. Alonso said: “I always get affected by the injury of a colleague, but when it is a friend like Cesc there is even more reason. “I went to see him after the match and didn’t expect it to be too serious but I have spoken with him again and the injury is quite serious. “Of course there was no malicious intent. It was a corner in… Read more »

kevin
kevin

Sorry to barge into an Arsenal forum even though I’m a Liverpool fan. I haven’t watched Arsenal play recently (prior to the Liverpool game) but it was disappointing to see cesc playing almost like an holding midfielder for Arsenal. He had to come deep many times to link up play and got himself injured when going for a 50-50 challenge which was supposed to be done by a DM(I suppose this position was played by Song or Denilson?) Even as neutral fan, it is so frustrating to see a player of cesc’s quality being wasted just to compensate for other… Read more »

Dan
Dan

The smile couldn’t be wider on my face today, Terry Banned for his stupid sending off last night (3 match ban), Cesc Fabregas out for 3-4 Months (Realistically Season Over) and along with that Whinge Bag AdeBisexual missing the trip to Villa Park and to all you idiots that believe you can replace Fabregas in January transfer window I say YEAH RIGHT haha, and as for Man United are concerned, Vidic got sent off in the world club torney which effects their european matches so now that fool is out for the inter games, can I please have more days… Read more »

jAY
jAY

Arsenal lucky to finish in top 6 haha

Rob Rob
Rob Rob

Sorry for my fellow ‘supporter’ Dan’s comments above. The Alonso-Fabregas incident was not controversial when compared to the rest of the match. It was a 50/50 ball. They both went in strongly, unfortunately Fabregas was straining himself at full length to get to the ball. Alonso was on his feet. If you think otherwise, then you need to watch the incident again. It is unfortunate that Arsenal’s chances are hit by injury. Hopefully, next time we (Liverpool) are presented (or gifted) with a team that we were dominating (as we were prior to Adebayor’s sending off) with 10 men, we… Read more »