Reports: Arshavin agrees personal terms with Arsenal

Russian playmaker Andrei Arshavin has agreed personal terms with Arsenal according to reliable news source Life.RU.

The 27-year-old Russian hotshot has been linked with Arsenal for several months now with Ivan Gazidis looking to broker a potential £14 million pound deal.

Life.RU’s article states that newly-appointed chief executive Ivan Gazidis has been allowed to bumper Arsenal’s current bid up another 5 million euros.

Highly-rated frontman Arshavin visited London during his summer holiday’s last month, and told the Russian site about his short stay in the English capital.

“My hopes now rest with God. Apart from him, nobody can help me,” Arshavin said. “I see Arsenal as my team of the future. Everything now depends on Zenit. If they want to sell me, they can do it very quickly.”

“My intentions to leave the club have not changed since the summer,” Arshavin said. “It is obvious that in these times of [financial] crisis, no one will offer such a big amount.

“Zenit have to think realistically. I believe that Arsenal’s offer is much closer to my real value in the transfer market at the moment.”

Unsurprisingly, Arshavin conducted the opening phase of negotiations with Arsenal by himself. A personal contract was agreed, and Gunners representitives are still waiting for Zenit’s reply.

If St Petersberg do not accept Arsenal’s offer, Arshavin will pay a fee of compensation to his parent club next November.

Hopefully it won’t come to that though, with friends of the player suggesting a move will be completed in the next few days, rather than months.

Update: Zenit are now saying that they will look over Arsenal’s offer tomorrow, that’s according to Sky Sports News.

Joe
Joe

More amazing news from GoonerTalk again? Keep it up Chris.

jc gooner
jc gooner

how up to date is this info

Stu
Stu

Got any more proof than heresay?

What does that take the bid to then? 17m euro?

GoonerDaniel
GoonerDaniel

Your BLOG is really exclusive m8 :))

Great job :))

GoonerDaniel
GoonerDaniel

Your*

fabtastic
fabtastic

This is the best website goonerchris you are brilliant another amazing article.
I wanted to know does this mean all the news in the papers and SSN is untrue and that arsenal are prepared to pay the fee that zenit are asking or is the transfer hit a snag because of the price?
Thanks

Gooner Chris

I’ve only just been given this information, give me half an hour to do a bit more research mate.

And cheers GD. 😉

anteneh tezera

o my GOD still hopping.when it will wind up /

NorthBankLegend

Let us hope we get closure on this saga and quickly, then we can move to oter targets (if there are any).

Darren
Darren

I ll believe it when i see it on arsenal.com mate!

Vince

Chrrrrriiissss!
u forgot to mention me 😛

jack
jack

LIFE.RU became known that the starry forward of St. Petersburg “zenith” Andrey [Arshavin] coordinated the conditions of personal contract with the club of English premier- leagues “arsenal”. We already reported that during leave the 27-year football player secretly visited London. Itself Andrey then described that his visit to Great Britain was not than other, except as by leisure from the football. – I flew to London, but not to the negotiations, assured football player. – It was possible to quietly look the capital of Great Britain, to take a walk on The [trafalgarskoy] area and to see other famous sights… Read more »

sudhir
sudhir

he made that trip a couple of months ago..that is when the rumours started that he came to london colney and also went to spurs’s training ground but a month or two later his agent said that was untrue and that he went to london to do some ads (ads = business)

sorry gunner chris you like skysports and bbc get played really easily by these kind of rumours

Mr.T
Mr.T

I just watched SSN and one of the guys, I forgot his name Darmeth or something like that (I wasn’t paying attention to his name) said he has talked personally to Zenit and they said that tomorrow will be a significant day because they are trying to give Arsenal a cut price or work out the amount of years the fee could be paid. He also said that Arsenal are the only team to have contacted them and have made a bid, and that Arshavin wants to go to Arsenal and Zenit want to sell to Arsenal and they mentioned… Read more »

GoonerDave
GoonerDave

Unless I’m wrong the quote is pretty random for the rest of the story, suppose if the substance of the story is only available in Russian thats fair enough, but tis a lil confusing.

Concordia
Concordia

Hi, I’m from Russia. I don’t want to disappoint you, but the reliability of Life.ru is very, very doubtful. For me, “The Sun” is much more reliable. Life.ru publishes all kinds of wild rumours they are able to write out of their own wild heads…

JustinL
JustinL

Sudhir READ what the article actually says, he told the Russian paper he was over looking at the sights, not to meet clubs…“I flew to London, but not for talks. I walked to Trafalgar Square and saw other famous sights.”

As for the people who either don’t believe or just have a go at Chris, there is such an easy solution, DON’T CLICK, simple really. Keep up the good work Chris, regardless of the outcome I’m sure you pass on information in good faith.

luke
luke

Maybe Usmanov pays the difference out of HIS pocket?

gazzap
gazzap

He has to say he saw the sights. he cant admit meeting arsenal can he!?
I think this is an old story because we knew he came to London a while back. even if he has effectively agreed what his pay will be the sticking point has always been between the clubs valuation of the player.

Joshwaaaaaaaa
Joshwaaaaaaaa

Chris…. I like your site and i think of you as quite a reliable source, however this article confuses me :S You have based this article on something arshavin said a month ago on a site you havent left a link for. Also the quote has nothing to do with the fact that he has possibly agreed terms with arsenal. Also if he has agreed terms that would be illegal as the clubs have reportedly ( arshavins agent etc) not agreed a fee yet. Im trying not to have a go at you as you took the time to write… Read more »

the king of the world
the king of the world

is it true wats been reported on SSN peeps??

nvboy
nvboy

Hello Chris:

thx for your update, can u find the life.ru original article link? thx very much.

Joe
Joe

the king of the world.. Yes it is. Just saw it.

Dogitto
Dogitto

Until i see d wizard claded in our jersey i refuse 2 blv wenger

Gooner Chris

I was reporting on the link I found.

the king of the world
the king of the world

excellent stuff, now we get to wait 2moro for another exciting day of arsenal n zenit nonesense LOL

judd

i think he wont sign until summer as zenit are being stubborn and refusing to lower their price great site chris i love your informationj keep it up

the king of the world
the king of the world

actually didn’t that darmeth stiff say he wanted to go to city n stuff tho?? is he really to believe???

KarlAFC
KarlAFC

the king of the world… what’s been reported on SSN?

Hugo
Hugo

I think this guy is one of the best players in the world, better than kaka even, but I really hope the bid isnt bumped up the full 5million euros. 2m max.

weve got these guys over a barrel. theyre desperation is so transparent. lets continue to play hardball and rape them financially the way we’ve been raped for hleb, henry etc….

Paul French

I love the fact that people are still hopping about Arshavin. Like them, I too am jumping around with my fingers crossed that a deal can be done before we have to turn our attention to otter targets. I mean,surely otters aren’t big enough to play in The Premiership?

the king of the world
the king of the world

erm that darmeth guy sayin there cud be developments 2moro, read further up coz sum dude has already posted it coz he seen it before us.

Mraces
Mraces

http://www.soccernet.com are reporting hes gonna have to buy out his contract and if he does a lot more clubs will want him.

KarlAFC
KarlAFC

Well, could be more developments tomorrow then. At this point, I’m patient enough LOL

Either way, I suppose we’ll know by Monday (26th).

KarlAFC
KarlAFC

Btw, one of these links should be the story Chris is referring to:

If anyone feels like translating for us lol.

the king of the world
the king of the world

yup gona be done one way or another so hopefully he signs, if not then we will sign sum1 else who is good hopefully so as long as sum1 good comes in then im happy

TT
TT

can we see the actual link?

Davo614
Davo614

SSN have said Zenit say tomorrow (22nd Jan) is “D-day” regarding whether we sign him or not.

Fingers crossed its good news. Im sure it will be.

Mr.T
Mr.T

Yea….I’m not from the UK but I get SSN. Darmeth was saying Zenit officials are going to try and lower the price or work out a deal with the amount of years we could pay off the deal or something like that. Said that Zenit do want to sell to us and Arshavin really wants to be an Arsenal player. They will listen to other offers if Man. City or Inter get involved but we are the only club that have made any bids for him and no other club contacted them. We should know if the deal is on… Read more »

Concordia
Concordia

I live in St.Petersburg and so I was able to see Arshavin during all his years on the pitch, and I’m not sure he is the player we need. First of all he is not fit enough to play in EPL, he was not fit enough even to play in Russian League 90 mins week in week out. Second, he is after a very long and tough season and he didn’t play for two months, not to mention that he won’t be able to play for us in the CL. And there are so many rumours in Russia about his… Read more »

goonerdan
goonerdan

so chris in your opinion where do you think we are with the arshavin deal? you have had contact with Lachter previously or so the site says and i have no reason to doubt that, so do you think this will be wrapped up soon?

Davo614
Davo614

What Mr.T has said on post 40, is correct.

The guy on SSN said Zenit want to sell to us, and that Arshavin wants to join us. So all that needs to happen is for them to accept a lower price which rises to a higher fee over a number of years, which is basically what guy on SSN also stated that Zenit are prepared to do.

Adam

For us who doesn´t know..what does SSN mean? sky sports news perhaps?

chris
chris

guys we dont need arshavin…did anyone just see wilsheres reserve goal? the ‘man’ is an absolute genius !!

Davo614
Davo614

Adam, SSN means Sky Sports News. Correct.

judd

yea chris whats your verdict on the arshavin deal will it happen or not in your opinion?

judd

fantastic site by the way chris

john tesh
john tesh

wilshers goal was awesome. yeh of course chris has contacts with lacher! ..

Gooner Chris