Rosicky & Silvestre start at the Nou Camp

Tomas Rosicky has been passed fit to play against Barcelona this evening.

The Czech midfield maestro was a doubt after he sustained bruising on his calf due to a poor challenge from Wolves’ Karl Henry at the weekend.

French defender Mikael Silvestre also starts. The 32-year-old put in an astute performance against Wolves during Saturday’s 1-0 triumph.

Almunia
Sagna – Silvestre – Vermaelen – Clichy
Nasri – Denilson – Diaby
Walcott – Bendtner – Rosicky

Subs: Fabianski, Campbell, Traore, Eastmond, Eboue, Merida, Eduardo.

Suli
Suli

Damn silvestre is the weak link…would prefer seeing sagna at cb and eboue rb

REDgoon
REDgoon

NOOOOOO!!!!! Not Silvestre!!!!! Is Campbell fatigued?

chris
chris

worried by silvestre starting but at least he has experience, we havent really got anyone to come on and save us tonight (i cant see eboue or eduardo coming on and making a huge impact).. the lads on the pitch will have to do the job. Feeling pessimistic but as long as it isnt embarassing we can come away from there knowing we have just played the best and there was nothing more we could do.

We will probably need to score at least 3 goals tonight to go through imo.. a HUGE task

gunner786
gunner786

not looking good tonight… we Must get a good start and score first to stand any chance of going through tonight comon boys make us proud and make history!!!!

Marko
Marko

Great to see Rosicky getting a start cause he experience and ability to hold onto the ball and pick a pass might be huge. And I’m also not entirely sorry to see Silvestre start cause he’s much more mobile than Campbell and if there’s a chance Campbell isn’t 100% then why take a chance.

silent stan
silent stan

starting walcott is big mistake

chris
chris

still would have preferred to see sagna in the middle and eboue at RB.. although has sagna ever played in the middle? maybe silvestre is the only choice wengers got..

john
john

bye bye arsenal

Dan
Dan

So Gallas, Djourou, Sol and Song are all missing and we have to play our 6th best CB but we’re hoping Barca missing their best 2 will mean we win??

Silvestre is sh!t… not bad for a 6th choice CB but who’d a thought we’d need him in the Nou camp?!

Bollocks!!! oh well…

FearlessOne

Suli.. have faith, I wished for the same but Silvester will do well tonight..

Marko
Marko

Far as I know I don’t think Sagna has ever played centre back so why try him out against Barca. Better Silvest is going up against Bojan and possibly Henry instead of Ibrahimovic, while they’re good players they’re down the pecking order at Barcelona.

GoonerDareMKD
GoonerDareMKD

Fuck look at the bench I have never seen weaker bench in my life from Arsenal.So we need to pray that the first 11 do great job and play good if someone is playing bad I can’t see substitute made from wenger except eboue and maybe Campbell in for sivlestre if he would done the damage in the first half with the score.

GOONER
GOONER

Let us atleast make it tough for BARCA!!!! But I still believe we can beat then 2-1 :p

dutch gunner
dutch gunner

That’s it ..! Shakky, heavey, bad timing takel ‘silvestre’ is going 2 fuck us up…daaamn.
Now I don’t even Dare 2 watch the Game cause I know if this punk plays My Hart will get broke ….
But ..I still BELIEAVE..and GUNNER 4 LIFE..COME ON YOU REDS.

superfly
superfly

If Arsenal in some way manage to accomplish a win this may go down as one of the greatest wins in Gunners history!!! Come on Arsenal

Steven
Steven

The lineup will just have to do!We are one injury away from being ‘bankrupt’ player-wise!Silvestre will just have to prove doubters wrong and show he’s from Man Utd! And its time for Wenger to start trying new things like playing Sagna as CB though playing him there in this match will be too desperate an experiment imo. Starting Theo also shows he wants to go for broke from the start. He perhaps wants to score an early goal and put Barca under pressure at home;let’s hope it works. If we are going to win this, these players will have to… Read more »

My Name Is Earl
My Name Is Earl

where is Djourou anywys?? thought he was supposed to be back end of feb, sure thats wat wenger said pre-season after he got nailed!

Ken
Ken

Have faith everyone, don’t be pessimistic just yet. It hard for us not to concede but so are they, we have 50% of going through. Up Gooners !!!!

A TRue GOon
A TRue GOon

LET’S GO ARSENAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoonerT
GoonerT

we need everyone on their game tonight.
we had 3 or 4 passengers in the last game. diaby needs to step up big time. he was completely missing in the first leg. walcott and bendtner need to take whatever chances they get

A TRue GOon
A TRue GOon

Gooner Chris, common take my advice. Remove the timer thing or make it 1 minute. It’s not user friendly.

A TRue GOon
A TRue GOon

The key of the game will be to NOT LOSE THE BALL EASILY!!! Have to make the most of our possession.

Angry fan
Angry fan

It’s all over before it’s even started.

Goonerdan

@Angry fan: You are pathetic…we may well lose tonight and exit the competition but these lads who have fought so fucking hard for us fans this season dont need stupid pricks like you…Fuck off!!!

Angry fan
Angry fan

@ gooner dan. I am a realist. My head not up my arse like your clearly is. We have no chance to win tonight. I mean seriously is silvershit good enough? No!!! We will never win anything with second rate players. Time People realised we ain’t as good as we think we are. I hope I am wrong thou!!!

Angry fan
Angry fan

I see I’m being proved right.

A TRue GOon
A TRue GOon

Don’t rub it in Angry fan

GoonerT
GoonerT

silvestre at fault for 2 of those goals

Chris
Chris

Messi is just too good… Even if we somehow got 2 goals we will
never shut
them out for 45 mins… that’s the end. Bring on the spuds…

Afc kings
Afc kings

Will u tossers get your head outta the clouds and admit we ain’t as good as you all think! 3 players we need at least. The defence tonight is as good as a pub team! Get your heads outta your arses u dumb fuckers!

Goonerdan

I am a realist you are clearly a defeatist…the point is that it is not a disgrace to lose to the best team on the planet with 9 first team players out…It just doesnt need defeatist wankers like you revelling in our defeat…Complete mug fuck off to another team.

dutch gunner
dutch gunner

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH Fucking Silvestere….. What did I told you man….Sil mother fucking Vestere ( big all head ) FUCKED US UP …
Now PL time …..Shitt..I’m gonna have a Bad day 2morow man..

Afc kings
Afc kings

Some don’t like the truth tut tut!

arsenal4ever
arsenal4ever

but it is a disgrace not to invest and nothing to win!! Go to hell Wenger!!! This is probably my last comment as everybody is so obsessed with Wenger. I care on Arsenal FC not fu… Wenger!!! Slate me I dont care as I wont comment here anymore!! Wenger is stubborn and wont learn it!!!

Angry fan
Angry fan

Oh trust me I’m Not revelling. Crying more like. I’m just sick of the manager telling us all that “this team” is gonna win something!!!!! Injuries? So have barca. It’s a poor excuse. We ain’t good enough. That’s the bottom line. I’m starting to think that is it time for wenger to move upstairs.

Goonerdan

We all know Silvestre isnt good enough but why jump on his back…We have just been shellshocked by 1 player…the best player in the world and possibly of all time and you all want to blame silvestre…They have had 1 player for alot of this season and its happened again and fucked us up..

Afc kings
Afc kings

Don’t worry we’ve got Hugo rodallega coming in the summer. Another pub player!

Goonerdan

Oh dear Arsenal4eva is back….pathetic child do 1…

Ken
Ken

@Angry fan: They are injured but look in their XI today man, they still have Messi and Xavi and two decent center-backs. Even Iniesta and Henry are on the bench to day. We don’t have Fabregas, Van Persie, Arshavin and Gallas for the match and Sol is on the bench. What can you complain ?

I don’t think we can find a solution to shut out Messi. Let’s hope somehow we can make it 3-3 at the end or at least it end without being a demolition.

Afc kings
Afc kings

The problem is that if we are up against these sorta teams we must have our first eleven out to have any chance at all. We ain’t had that all season so admittedly it might be a different story

Adam_Gunner
Adam_Gunner

we were outplayed by messi not barca

nzgunner
nzgunner

best player for us was clichy but overall we prob played the worst game of our lives our def was krap we had no mid and created no real chances!!

Goonerdan

I guess it comes down to the team just never training for teams who can outplay them technically.too used to having the ball for 70% of the game. And of course messi. How can you train anyone to p[lay against a guy like that in that form. Crushing defeat that really hurts but what can we do..I am still sure we are going in the right direction and with the addition of a couple of players in the summer we will be back up there next yaer… No one will beat that team they are the best team on the… Read more »

Angry fan
Angry fan

The time has come. Change is needed. Wenger please go upstairs. I’ve had enough of u and ur pathetic excuse for a team. Walcott world class? More like Headless chicken.

andrew
andrew

Best team on the planet, best player in the world

Chris
Chris

Oh
my word.. Some of you are pathetic.. There’s no shame in losing to messi.. I mean barcelona..lol. we played just as well as them tonight but they have messi, nuff said

Ken
Ken

Defeated. I’m disappointed but can’t blame it on anyone. With an injury-ravaged squad like this to arrive at this stage is an amazing achievement already. Just hope we can push on and win the league.

Clode
Clode

the difference between barca and arsenal was messi and i`m pleased by the way our team approached the game,i see better days for our team

Goonerdan

@Angry fan: Just take no notice of guys like this people. We are heading in the right direction. Now we need to get together and behind the boys as our next game is Spurs away.

Mikey
Mikey

I’m so proud of Clichy, his performance was the best I’ve seen of him. He read lots of Barca’s passes and attempted to take advantage with counter-attacks. I’m pleased with our performance overall but unfortunately Messi beat us.

Messi > Arsenal > Barca.