What do YOU think of Arsenal's new away kit?

Arsenal have finally revealed what the 2010/11 away kit will look like.

The Gunners brand-new yellow jersey is meant to ‘reflect their past’ bringing the club back to its Woolwich Arsenal days.

‘Victoria Concordia Crescit’, which translates as ‘Victory Through Harmony’, can be found on the reverse of the club badge while redcurrant shorts and yellow socks complete the look.

A statement read out said:

“Combining traditional elements with new age technology, every shirt is made entirely from recycled polyester, each crafted from up to eight plastic water bottles as part of Nike’s ‘Considered Design’ programme. The improved Nike Dri-Fit fabric, now 13% lighter than previous kits, helps to quickly evaporate moisture by drawing through the fabric to the surface and keep players dry.”

What do you make of the kit? Is it just another Nike money-making project? Or do you think it looks nicer than previous kits?

Leave us your thoughts in the comments section below.

steas
steas

LOVELY!

jimmy
jimmy

ah i have mixed feeling about it… its not hidious but at the same time not really something i would buy

Hackstar
Hackstar

Why can we not play in our proper colours – yellow / blue YES, yellow / red NO NO NO NO!!!

red67
red67

Its bloody horrible but a step up from wearing bloody white, that redcurrant looks terrible with that interesting shade of yellow.What the hell is wrong with yellow and blue why change something worked for years.

Sean
Sean

Beautiful. Not to much on it, it’s simple but nice. The message on the inside of the badge is also a nice idea

Quincy
Quincy

its disgusting.

Arsenal away colours are YELLOW & BLUE.

Over the last few years this disgusitng purple has popped up as a 3rd colour.

I hate it and will not be buying this

chris
chris

hmmm, its alright but i dont think i would buy it. Although the more i look at it the more i like it, because at first i really wasnt sure

Paul
Paul

Looks like a big bowl of rhubarb and custard not the proper Arsenal yellow and a blue trim would have been soooo much better. Why don’t the club bring out 4 different jerseys and let the fans vote that way more will buy the kit when it’s released, afterall we’re the ones that will be buying it.

At least it’s not white, small consolations!

Des Pondant
Des Pondant

Can someone please sack the mincing twat who thinks any amount of Burgundy
is acceptable on a football kit. It was bad enough looking at that nasty
horrible kit from 2005/2006. The Woolwich days are in the past, so let them
stay there. Arsenal are Red ands White at home and Yellow and Blue away.
This kit looks like it was designed by Bruno coming down from a bad night
out on the Meeow and Kopperberg…..Rhubarb and Custard my Arse!!!!

dan
dan

It’s disgusting

alf15
alf15

Its nice, but not amazing. Arsenalinsider hit the nail on the head when they revealed a concept design back in Feb!

They also revealed the new home kit will be retro also! They also revealed we made a bid for Joe Cole last week, Lets hope the they get 3 out of 3 🙂 1 down 2 to go!

A-Fan
A-Fan

i like the away kit more than the leaked pictures of the new home kit (pictures of silvestre?). i know the histroy of the club is incorporated in the new home kit but it looks like the 2006-2008 home kit?, which i didnt like in particular, i think they got the last home kit right, something new and unseen before, i know the club has history but arsenal should look ahead making history with new kits not retro!? likely to buy the away kit this season unless there is a dramatic change of design in the home kit!

JCaddict
JCaddict

i think its awesome
classy and classic! 😉

red
red

hate it

Quincy
Quincy

would have been better if it was YELLOW and DARK BLUE

SA Gooner
SA Gooner

I know I shouldn’t but I really think the home kit from last year was truly classy… this one is average. Does anyone know when the home kit is being revealed? Is it today as well?

Sniff
Sniff

The cut of the jersey itself is brilliant. Replace the red (or whatever that colour is…) with blue and it’s a winner. As it is I don’t think I will buy one.

Julian H

Love it. If I was into the habit of buying shirts, I’d be right down “The Armoury”, or whatever the hell it’s called, with credit card in hand. Very happy that yellow is back – as for the lack of blue, there’s no reason why they can’t experiment a bit. As far as I recall, the “tradition” of yellow and blue as an away kit only began post-War. All traditions begin with something changing. One final point: “Is it just another Nike money-making project? Or do you think it looks nicer than previous kits?” If you can excuse the pedantry,… Read more »

gooner
gooner

its ok but i prefer e red/white a few seasons ago rather den red/yellow

alb1
alb1

LIKE IT!

alb1
alb1

RHUBARB AND CUSTARD

Opeyemi
Opeyemi

Not really impressed by the jersey. I guess what is more important is that we get lucky & win trophies in this kit.

jena
jena

I will only but these new kits if WEnger buys decent players b4 the start of the season………….Otherwise whats the point of being reaped off by change of shirt designs and kits every season when the money does not got towarsd building a competitive squad..

mincerboy
mincerboy

It looks like my diseased wank, I don’t mind experimenting,my favorite away kit was the white and red currant one with hints of gold and the barca style third kit. I thought they should have elaborated on those kits what a classic season for arsenal shirts.

Nil P
Nil P

What are we, Galatasaray SK???!!! This is an awful jersey and I rate our “tractor” patterned shirt from the early 90s higher, this is how bad this shirt is…Away colors of the Arsenal should always be yellow and blue!

My Name Is Earl
My Name Is Earl

it’ll look good with ozil in it next year!!

GoonerForLife
GoonerForLife

Reminds me of barbecue sauce and mustard. But its not too bad looking!

fan
fan

just when I was getting used to the last year away kits. This one has 2 shades of red (the badge). These are Washington Redskins colors.

fan
fan

I don’t like yellow, Navy blue/Dark blue would have been much better.

fan
fan

The yellow is reminding me of Manuel Almunia! AHH

TrueGooner
TrueGooner

I like it. I must say at first glance It looks like a box of maggi cube, if u know what that is, but i like it and will buy it if i don’t like the new home kit.

Zulhaziq Ali
Zulhaziq Ali

WOW SO AWE-INSPIRING! BY FAR THE COOLEST COLOUR!

Boy Better Know
Boy Better Know

complete filth

A.Wengers Scout
A.Wengers Scout

Shite absolute shite…

Jones
Jones

wats all this hulabaloo about yellow and blue? this is lovely! Change is the only constant thing in life.I’ll buy this!

Highbury4L
Highbury4L

brilliant!!…well, better than I thought it was going to be. I want to see what are new home kit looks like

Arsenalgunner27
Arsenalgunner27

be weary of the stories from the daily mail and then daily mirror. Most of the stories they have produced have never happened.

Gunningooner
Gunningooner

Is the Guardado guy (mexican dude aka THE WINGMAN) an arsenal player???

from wikipedia:
On 15th June 2010 an undisclosed fee was offered by Arsenal F.C for his transfer. This was accepted by the Deportivo La Coruna manager Miguel Ángel Lotina and the chairman Augusto César Lendoiro at 10:00AM (BST). On the 16th June 2010 he was officially registered as an Arsenal F.C player.

jimmy
jimmy

@Gunningooner:

if it doesnt show on arsenal.com then its not official

arsenal4ever
arsenal4ever

sorry off topic but chris is there aný truth in this rumour? http://www.marca.com/2010/06/15/futbol/equipos/osasuna/1276606954.html?a=616e97e63ae83ced5ce72db4cb3899ee&t=1276691766 Cesar Azpilicueta, one of the most sought-after securities Osasuna resumes vigorously to reinforce one of the greats of European football as Arsenal. A Arsène Wenger likes the right side of the pink team and I tried signing in the winter market. But Patxi Izco, president of Osasuna, is quiet. The clause in the player is 15 million euros and as is the market is very difficult for any team to go to provide these figures. So far there has been no formal proposal Azpilicueta, although the Premier… Read more »

IVERSEN
IVERSEN

AS LONG AS ITS YELLOW PEOPLE SHOULD BE HAPPY AND LETT THEM TRY DIFFERENT STYLES.. CANT ALLWAYS HAVE THE SAME EXACT COLOURS EVERY TIME. ITS OUR YEAR NEXT SEASON.. I HOPE.. ARSENAL

fan
fan

Cesc did not even play today. Preview to things to come if he joins Baca

fred
fred

Fantastic, nice and simple.

Get rid of the thin stripes and it would be worn by me only if I can by one that is a fake from Vietnam and my beer gut is not too revealed by those stripes.

arsenal4life
arsenal4life

I love it, the Home kit is also amazing. The kits last year were a disgrace to Arsenal fc. The new kits are a reflection of the past and tradition of Arsenal Football Club.