Goodbye and good luck Eduardo!

Shakhtar Donetsk have announced the signing of Eduardo from Arsenal for a fee of £6.2 million.

The 27-year-old Croatian international failed to hold down a regular place with the Gunners last season as he struggled to regain form and fitness following a shocking double leg break at Birmingham City in February 2008.

He agreed terms for the move on Sunday after six days of negotiations and passed a medical yesterday. Gunners boss Arsene Wenger wanted to keep the Brazil-born star but Eduardo feared he would not be a regular starter.

Everyone at Gooner Talk would like to wish Eduardo all the success in the world at Shakhtar. Leave your views of the respected frontman in the comments section below.

JP
JP

Good luck and best wishes for the future, Dudu.

Nommosi
Nommosi

I hope we meet him in the CL so we can give him a proper goodbye.

Gooner
Gooner

@Nommosi: couldnt agree more 🙂

arCHer

So sad to see him leave, but ulimately the best for him 🙁

Song is King
Song is King

I really love this guy. A very honest an humble guy. Hard to find any player such as him nowadays. It’s a pity that he have to part from us. Those injury really destroyed his Arsenal career. Dear Dudu, you’ll be forever in my heart. Wish you good luck and all the best in everything. Once a gooner, always a gooner!

Geoff
Geoff

Lets hope they draw the spuds in qualifying & he scores the goals that knock them out.

I really feel for the guy, having your dream career taken away by a thug who hasn’t a clue how to play football. Lets hope everything goes his way from now on.

Danish Gooner
Danish Gooner

Sad to see him go !!!!

chris
chris

fcuking taylor scum.

Geoff
Geoff

scrub that as I didn’t realise Shakhtar had already qualified.

WillyG
WillyG

Great video..so sad to see him leave,he was our best finisher before his injury…Goodluck dudu

GUnner
GUnner

good bye and good lucky dudu we love you

Guilherme
Guilherme

Goodbye Dudu. Best wishes from Brazil

KoloLej
KoloLej

Although it’s the right move our squad is getting thinner by the day!!!!

We have some serious work to do in the next few weeks

Song is King
Song is King

Anyway, is there any link to watch the game today?

Gunner38

Another case of blatant thuggery against Arsenal. Eddy, Diaby, Ramsay, who’s next? I thought that Eddy was one of the most natural finishers ever. He also had an incredible amount of skill. I wish him all the luck in the world and sincerely hope that some pub player snaps Taylor’s leg like a twig. He should go back under the same rock as Shawcross. Gutted.

Arsenal Till I Die
Arsenal Till I Die

I really love Eduardo, he was such a nice guy on and off the pitch – I was there on his comeback game against Cardiff and it was a magical night, I will never stop supporting the man himself and I will always look out for him to see how is doing because he is one of the most honest and respectable players to wear and Arsenal shirt in modern times.

When you all get a chance, join me in rasing your glass for Eduardo da Silva – the much loved number 9.

Nikon
Nikon

I hope he gets replaced

abc
abc

I really upset to see him leave..

Top_Gooner
Top_Gooner

Gone But Noever Forgotten!

Good Luck @ Shaktar!

Highbury4L
Highbury4L

taylor ruined him, bloody scumbag, hope he rots in hell. ruined our season, ruined our player.

SNIPER10
SNIPER10

absolutely brilliant tribute! had me in tears. what a talent, broken mentally by untalented defenders, whose idea is to get the player through the ball.

they are under orders from their ‘managers’ to ‘rough’em up’, ‘get about’em’ and all that crap.

we play football, they play via the ‘fear’ of football. no wonder England sucks

diaby, eduardo, ramsey..it cannot be coincidence. the referees need to be more like those on the continent. how many similiar injuries in Spain, France or Italy?

much love Dudu,

respect.

SNIPER10

RavielB
RavielB

totally surprised that this humble player is being sold.. thought they would have loaned him to another club.. good luck wardo…

yash
yash

gutted…dont know how i will sleep at night..
well, best of luck dudu and thank you for the wonderful goals…
anyone worried about ramsey as i am now????

Jpossie
Jpossie

Sorry to see him go but it was a very good move for him and us. If we bring in Remy we will have four strikers for the season set. Kinda worried that Wenger just said he was looking for alot from him for the new season just last week though. Hard to believe the stuff coming out of Wenger’s mouth. Is he just lying or putting the opposition of the scent??? Weird.

Guilherme
Guilherme

@SNIPER10:
Agree with you 100%.
And what makes me really mad is that we don’t see teams kicking Chelsea or United.How many players of these teams were injured because of that kind of “tackles”? As you said,it cannot be coincidence.

A.Wengers Scout
A.Wengers Scout

wonderful video and heartwarming. only if Mr. Eduardo, u’ll always be my no.9, wish u the best of luck. x

kunle
kunle

edu,am so sad wen i hard ur leaving the clud,soryy my guy we all love

pollhater
pollhater

Very very sad, I get myself to watch the video

jaygooner
jaygooner

Heartbreaking. Wonderful man, great player, clogged out of the Premier League by a THUG on orders from his manager to do it. Good luck Dudu, you will always be loved and welcomed at Arsenal.

mah_gooner
mah_gooner

best of luck to our best no.9 and finisher i have ever seen
so gutted to see him go
he really deserved another season

gooner james
gooner james

good luck dudu. if shaktar can mentally get him over that injury coz i dont think hes ova it yet then what a bargain they have got one of the greatest finishers ive seen i was at the burnley game ive never seen a ball hit that sweetly. i never thought it was possiblle for one scummy cu nt to do so much damage but dont worry taylor u managed it u ruined our season u cost us the league and ruined one of the best players around proud to call u arsenals number 9 dudu. hope to see back… Read more »

Ola Ahmed Dayo a.k.a naijafabregas

All the best in every way Edu… But I wishd he stayed. Leaving ain’t mean you bad but to me shows why am disapointed at you not wanting to stay and FIGHT for your place in the team. Real players FIGHT not sign for other teams. Anyways, I’ll always look out for you. Stay fit bruv…Hope Arsene replaces him with a more than ‘decent’player. Please anyone with the full list oof players inn Austria?

Rob
Rob

Good luck and God speed Eduardo, you will always be a hero to me!

ole
ole

It`s sad that he has left arsenal, one of the few players that I think highly of in todays squad. I do not know the guy, but he seems genuin and that is rare in football these days, so different from Cesc and the rest of barca cunts!!!

jhnhgs
jhnhgs

Svako dobro i puno srece Dudu

Enable Notifications    OK No thanks