"I don't like Tottenham. At Arsenal, no one likes Tottenham," reveals Denilson

Samba star Denilson has spoken of his dislike towards Tottenham and admitted — “They’re not going to achieve more than us this season.”

The 22-year-old, who is in the travelling squad set to face Liverpool tomorrow, also revealed his hopes and ambitions for the upcoming season in an exclusive interview with The Sun.

“Yes that would be special, to play Tottenham in the Champions League final… and beat them! Because I don’t like Tottenham. At Arsenal, NO ONE likes Tottenham. I knew that after only four weeks of coming here, even though I was a teenager from another country, from another continent.

“It was one of the first things they taught me here – the other players, the coaches, the manager and especially the fans. And now I have been here for four years, I have experienced it for myself. Now I understand it. We don’t like them and they don’t like us.

“When we play them it is crazy – on and off the ball. It’s a big, big rivalry and I love it.”

Tomorrow’s match at Anfield could see the Brazilian youngster make his first appearance of the season after not being involved in any of the pre-season fixtures due to a groin injury.

Stay tuned to both Gooner Talk and our Twitter feed for all the build-up to Sunday’s big match.

Boy Better Know
Boy Better Know

denilson should shut his mouth and learn to become a better footballer,before mouthing off.

Den15#
Den15#

Denilson is the best

That’s the spirit!

Tom14
Tom14

@Boy Better Know: Always get idiots like this. I try imagining them, foaming at the mouth. Its fun.

TopGunPires
TopGunPires

I have high hopes for him this year. He’s had horrible problems with his back and gooners have been to quick to turn on him. He has loads of potential and i’m sure this year he will show it. Come on Denny!

Andrew
Andrew

THAT’S THE SPIRIT BOY NOW SHOW US WHAT YOU’RE MADE OFF
BRING US THE TITLE

Boy Better Know
Boy Better Know

alot of people seem to settle for mediocrity nowadays,in arsene we rust.

Ali
Ali

any news on mark schwarzer?

pakke
pakke

That’s definitely the spirit we need. Good stuff! Fu** Sp*rs!

rimz
rimz

any person with a footballing brain would respect and admire what denilson brings to the club

NAV
NAV

Lets welcome the season with a bang.
Denilson – work hard.

Enjoy the video, and hope we can make some like this after sunday again. Buckle up Arshavin!!

Gooner64
Gooner64

Good boy we all hate the scum from shi*e hart lane.

Anders
Anders

Nice 1 Denny well said! respect!! but i thought they would have told you the day you signed.

Anders
Anders

Given for me. + 10mil cd NOW!

Totalspurs
Totalspurs

As a Spurs fan I have to say I really enjoyed reading this. He should hate my beloved Spurs, Just like our players should Hate you. The worse thing in football would Spurs and ArseNil respecting each other…..Long may the hatred continue….This is what it’s all about!!!!

eponymous
eponymous

@ rimz

couldn’t agree more. how can anyone not see that he is always the ‘outlet’ in tight situations?? so very under-appreciated, our little brazilian : (

Ricky
Ricky

@rimz:

LOL!! Funniest comment ever!

OPG
OPG

Jog along Denilson, I wish your showed passion on the pitch rather than letting players run past you so easily.

Enorme Nuez
Enorme Nuez

Shut up Denilson, be champions.

Gooner
Gooner

@Totalspurs: wtf do u want?

Marko
Marko

Poor Denilson can’t do anything to change the minds of some dope Arsenal fans. Unfortunately they’ll never change their opinion of him. Some people still don’t like Song too. Silly people I rate Song. But agree Denilson needs consistency.

Boy Better Know
Boy Better Know

OPG says:
August 14, 2010 at 2:15 am

EXACTLY.

Brad
Brad

Whose this denilson guy? Never heard of him…

perol
perol

prove yourself 1st b4 u talking,of course we don’t like spud..

goOner4liFe
goOner4liFe

if you arent supportn our players then who da f*** do u exactly support then??perol/brad/boy better know and the rest,u should be on spuds sites rather than being here and hatn on your own players fagats. deno IS the MAN!!suckers will eat their word when he turns it all around soon am sure,for me him and gael are the only 2 players who give 100% regardless how they play,its just that passion they show when they pull that top on. am not a fan of diaby/wallcot and almunia,not at all bt still support them as long as they play for… Read more »

7masters
7masters

Wow now I like the boy a true gunner, Cheers

goonergerry
goonergerry

As a kid I grew up in North London- the only Arsenal fan at my primary school-at the end of the Bill Nick era-I have taken more abuse from Spurs fans than most- but it is not really Spurs the team I dislike-the truth is for many years they have not been important enough for us to worry about. Perhaps they are now-yes they’ve proved they have a good squad and good players who play good football. It is Spurs fans who are sick with jealousy who have turned Arsenal into hate figures. We should not buy into their hysterical… Read more »

The Gooner Ambassador to Oz
The Gooner Ambassador to Oz

The man is a legend!! Whatever Denilson does on the park, hating the spuds is enough to make him a legend!! 1961 – big club my a**!!

ytgunner
ytgunner

It’s good that the players are starting to speak out, because it shows that they have begun to really take all the rivalry seriously, they know what it means to the fans. Denilson, in my opinion, is talented, but perhaps he hasn’t had the guts to really overcome his fears. He can be a great player, perhaps not the tough tackling hardman some expect to be, but he’s a player that will pop up with the odd stunner, and the crucial interception. Have faith in this guy, he’s just 22. At 22, a lot of decent players weren’t good at… Read more »

shoot spoor down
shoot spoor down

agree with denilson.. the ugly hotspoor will go nowhere.. haha

goonerjon
goonerjon

I totally agree with Denilson. But he’s have to keep focus only football.

ASNLthruNthru
ASNLthruNthru

Really hope he succeeds this year!!

Liam the Yid
Liam the Yid

I would love to meet you in the Champions league, its all about meeting you in the semi’s though and having two legs, how buzzing would the atmosphere in them games be. I’m just glad now that our rivalry goes more than just hating you cos your all w*nkers, now were actually on par so it’s cometitive as well, its like all the Spammers thinking that Spurs V West ham is the biggest fixture whereas its just another 3 points for us. Thats how it must have been for you lot over the years, where Spurs v Arsenal was our… Read more »

Goonerpower
Goonerpower

Will people get off his back. This kid is gonna be great for us mark my words!!

Frazzle
Frazzle

I’ve been an Arsenal fan for 20 years – and now I think its time Wenger was sacked. Can’t believe everyone else thinks the pile of shit he calls this team has any chance of even finishing in the top 4. No keeper, ropey defence, no depth.

I think we might be in trouble this year boys – can’t se us kicking off with a win today either. Should have signed Cole.

The Left Hand Of HENRY
The Left Hand Of HENRY

@Brad:
he is a young brazilian midfielder we hav. he shows potential and could be a good player, if he passed the ball to one of our players once and a while.
he aint as strong as song but he goes into tackles harder than him. he also seeks revenge on the pitch in the same way that a young van persie would
despite being a holding player he does somthing not alot of our players do, shoot from outside the box

He could be the next gilberto

Davi
Davi

@The Left Hand Of HENRY: In a few games he has played in a similar style to mascherano, but he’s SOOOO inconsistent. I cant remember him having a good game last season. My theory on denilson is that hes a very talented player, but if he has to play with the slightest knock, he won’t put in the effort to track back. Basically he lacks mental strength. You see song get battered in a game, and he will clearly be carrying an injury, but it won’t stop him one bit. Till the end of the game he still gives his… Read more »

chris
chris

all i remember from him last season is him jogging back and rooney ran past him to plant number 2 against us at the emirates.. as everyone says he obviously has talent but is pretty small for the role he plays and lacks the mentality to play every week

Yorkspur
Yorkspur

Taken in the spirit it was meant – bring it on!!!!

I always suspected that Henry really didn’t care about Spurs – more interested in Manu & the eiropean elite. Does this mean our neighbours are a tad worried???

Spurszo
Spurszo

At Arsenal, no one likes Tottenham.
In Brazil, no one likes Denilson either.
Denilson is potential but will end his career
soon if he keeps shooting his mouth off.

Next bus to Woolwich!!
Next bus to Woolwich!!

I am sure that was eloquently said,from a player with guile and great pace,I mean he has the lot doesn’t he?..trying to ingratiate himself with the Woolwich boy’s..stating the bleedin obvious..

jimmy
jimmy

in my opinion denilsons time at the emirates should be up. for a defensive midfielder he doesnt do his job. i would prefer frimpong as cover for song, not denilson. the match against manu wher rooney scored highlights his problems. hes not great going forward and not great at defending, so overall hes not good enough. well said about tot tho, i hate them too 🙂

jimmy
jimmy

@goOner4liFe:

hahaha denilson give 100%? are you watching the same player we are???

chris
chris

so wenger signs an extension.. until 2014.. not sure what to make of it.. another 4 years of a complete lack of investment in the areas we need?…hmm. not looking forward to sunday, the keeper situation is beyond a joke

Lagooner Beach
Lagooner Beach

I suspect that Denilson’s back problem is far worse than the club lets on, and is largely responsible for many of his poor performances. Also is anyone else worried that after selling us the overpriced and average Schwarzer, Fulham will simply replace him with the younger and more talented Given?

49S
49S

Well at least his good at something I guess.

roowie
roowie

i think Denilson has, at time’s been to heavily penilised and underappreciated, he is a young player with a lot of potential and i think we can expect big things from him, hopefuly, this season if he can stay fit
And Mark Shwarzer has handed in a transfer request 🙂

M
M

If Fulham takes Given, it means that City didn’ t wanted to sell/loan him to AFC
If we can have Schwarzer vs our current keepers, I definitely take Mark, at least this guy doesn’ t show himself up at the goal.

My Name Is Earl
My Name Is Earl

Schwarzer doesn’t start for Fulham or on the bench… Interesting…

Nasri83
Nasri83

Looks like Given might want out of there. That was some first 20 minutes from Joe Hart. He’s certainly against the clock on being convinced otherwise…