Wilshere starts at Stamford Bridge

Arsene Wenger has opted to start with Jack Wilshere and Abou Diaby in midfield against Chelsea today, while summer signing Sebastien Squillaci is captain for the Gunners.

Poland international Lukasz Fabianski keeps his place in the starting XI after impressing at Partizan, but Denilson, Rosicky and Djourou drop to the bench.

Arsenal will want to produce evidence that they can be serious challengers to Chelsea after being brushed aside twice by Carlo Ancelotti’s side last season.

Fabianski
Sagna – Squillaci – Koscielny – Clichy
Wilshere – Song – Diaby
Nasri – Chamakh – Arshavin

Subs: Szczesny, Djourou, Eboue, Denilson, Rosicky, Emmanuel-Thomas, Vela.

Damn_Gallas
Damn_Gallas

I would take diaby and then replace him with nasri…

And then nasri’s position on the attacking right to be taken over by rosicky…

Diaby and Eboue disappointed me during the WBA game… TOTALLY!!

Ewan
Ewan

Diaby and fabiansky spells defeat

ole

Did anyone else see Denilsons intervjue the after the cl game. He has been in london for 5 years and does not speak a word english. I like him as a player but I wonder if he is retarded.

I think we have our best team today, I agree i would like rosicky instead of Diaby, but he is big and on his day he is brilliant.;) We must be 110% today to get a draw, lets cross fingers.

Mohamed
Mohamed

@ole: “He has been in london for 5 years and does not speak a word english. I like him as a player but I wonder if he is retarded” – looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Mug
Mug

Dam Gallas

Diaby was clearly unfit last week. If he is fit, then he plays every time for me.

Paloh
Paloh

Bet wilshere will produce another glimmering show… Go go gunners…

ole

@Mohamed: Thanks, I was happy with that one myself;) You should check it out on AFCtv, fantastic.

Song's Hair
Song's Hair

Great, Diaby is playing, basically, we are fucked.

John R
John R

@ole he does speak english. There has been several interviews where he has spoken in english. So the question is are you retarded.

Song's Hair
Song's Hair

Stop talking about Denilson, talk about the game, however depressing that will be.

ole

@John R: It was only a joke mate, you should not take it personaly, it was not an attack on him nor you, just an observation, because his english was poor. Sorry if you took it personaly.

John R
John R

@ole I’m sorry I didn’t know it was a joke

ole

Fuck! It was an obviouse free kick on song before the goal, we have been good, but that is probably game over.

arsenal fan
arsenal fan

I know the match aint finished yet but,
what will hurt more, loosing to chelsea away or loosin to blackpool at home??

Song's Hair
Song's Hair

@arsenal fan: Losing to Chelsea consistently away.

ole

True! I live in norway and went to london for the game against blackpool, and a LFC friend of mine were laughing at me for going to non exiting game, because everybody will beat Blackpool at home;)

Song's Hair
Song's Hair

SQUILACI IS RETARDED

ole

Well we played a very good game, but we just ain`t good enough.

John R
John R

@ole we played very well, just lacked good finishing ability and chelsea scored a fluke first goal and a great free kick. Fabianski was decent as well

Song's Hair
Song's Hair

stupid Koscielny is all I ahve to say.

damstar
damstar

I av said it before the season starts that u guys are losers. u cant win nothing with ur stingy managements. that is the end of another title campaign for u guys. the title is btw my red devils and chelsea. u guys will always lose to us and u got no chance. red devils all day!!! bye losers!!!!

ole

@John R: Let me refrase, i ment phycically strong enough. In england you are alowed to tacle through players like on song on the first goal. We are to small for that refereing in england. We miss vieira, gilberto, petit, edu type of players etc… even pires is a giant as far as sice goes in the current arsenal team, but they played well, i agree.

ole

@damstar: Fuck off you are a UTd fan.

gooner asia
gooner asia

brushed again..shit..we’ve lost steel in the midfield area and lack of finishing and Chelsea made it so simple by playing counter-attack and long ball. Hrmm..

John R
John R

Stupid arshavin is all I have to say. He was so lazy and gave up too many times

Me
Me

We played nice but haven’t made chances. Those we made were blown by Chamakh who is shite I must say. He needs at least 3 one-on-one’s to score, and sadly, he got only two tonight :S

Are you guys happy with our new defensive shitmenship, costing 14 million pounds together?

Bloody great!

GO WENGA

John R
John R

@damstar Manure is garbage. They can’t seem to win either

Angry fan
Angry fan

Joke. Rubbish. Waste of time. Embarrassing. Losers. Not good enough. Can’t score. Won’t shoot. Wengers lost the plot. Shamed. League lost again. No trophies again. Injuries kill us. Cesc to leave at the end of the season. Game over. Top 6 finish year after.

damstar
damstar

@John, man united are getting back now. rio is back and they dont get beaten by chelsea like arsenal does. man u seems to always have a bad start but they always comeback strong. rio is back, rooney will be back to form soon then we are ready to win the league again. I am not part of this loser arsenal again. i make my decison at the start of the season and am happy now that i make that decision. you guys are still thesame as last season. always playing football but never get a result. smh. wat a… Read more »

My Name Is Earl
My Name Is Earl

Rooney back to form lol. he’s the most over-rated player in the world. its only the fact that he’s english that he gets so much praise n worship. he was meant to av an amazing world cup followed by an unstoppable campaign this yr n he’s been pants as always

Enable Notifications    OK No thanks