Fabregas out for Fulham while Nasri has a "little chance"

Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas won’t be involved in the final Premier League game of the season against Fulham next Sunday, after boss Arsene Wenger confirmed that the Spaniard has suffered a setback with his thigh injury.

Fabregas wasn’t risked for Sunday’s defeat to Aston Villa while fellow midfielder Samir Nasri failed a late fitness test on his hamstring. The latter has a “little chance” to play, according to Wenger.

Other doubts for the clash at Craven Cottage include Johan Djourou and Abou Diaby, with the more likely to be involved in West London.

“Djourou has a little chance and Nasri has a very little chance,” said Wenger.

“We will see how he [Nasri] progresses but he could be out as well for France [who face Belarus on June 3]. We have to check. Samir’s injury is less [serious] than Fabregas.”

Manchester City could pip the Gunners into third place if they win at home to Stoke on Tuesday, giving Sunday’s game an even bigger significance than expected.

Alan
Alan

Code for ‘Fabregas told me to go f*ck myself and there’s not a hope in hell that he’s going to run the risk of getting injured and pissing his move away from my absolute pox of a youth project’.

Nils

Fabregas has gone. As an arsenal fan we have to accept it. He won’t wear our shirt again. Wenger cannot risk
An injury to cesc which would hamper any deal to Barcelona. Tonight I am gutted and destroyed . This season promised so much. The look of wenger after the game tells me he is a destroyed man. The team desperately needs 3 new hungry players. There is nothing else to say really but a long summer awaits . Question is will fabregas transfer mean more £ for wenger ?

My Name Is Earl
My Name Is Earl

they need more than 3 players. some of this team don’t show any heart

Alan
Alan

Can’t wait for the ‘We can’t spend any money until we know we’ve got past the CL Qualifier’

I’ve missed that line.

Danish Gooner
Danish Gooner

NEW MANAGER !!!!!!!!!

Danish Gooner
Danish Gooner

It really will be the icing on the cake if we fail to qualify for the proper CL.Because of new seeding rules we could face some of the big boys and with a team that struggles against lower league teams it could be a nailbiter.

caffeinenut23

It’s game over for Arsenal. They’ve lost everything this year, including 2 of their 3 best players. Both Fabregas and Nasri will be leaving. I bet RVP is looking around to catch on somewhere else. It’s time for a massive clear-out and to start over from scratch by buying some experience players with grit and determination. And who aren’t afraid to shoot. Possibly a new manager as well.

GunnerMKD
GunnerMKD

CL qualifiers here we come! ffs not again

Temmy
Temmy

Cesc is gone for good as an arsenal player. Or av u forgotten HENRY case? We need quality players please….

bc
bc

Wenger has to go, its plain and simple. Sure it hurts, but he bought or raised all these players and he cannot get them to perform when it counts. If he leaves now a new manager can come in and decide whether Nasri, Cesc, Arshavin, Clichy, Rosicky Bendtner and anyone else who is nearing the end of their contract or unhappy is part of his squad, those 6 and the deadwood (Almunia, Eboue, Squillaci, Denilson, Diaby) along with the transfer kitty could give him almost £200m to spend. You add that type of Budget to the likes of Wilshire, RVP,… Read more »

mats
mats

As far as im concerened fabregas and all the other non commited, usless money grabbing players can fuuck of as well, that includes wenger, Petetr hillwoood, kroenke. Also even tdanny fizman is dead, he can fuuuck right of as well the twat. Hill wood must be laughing at the fans, calliing them stupid every month or so, while banking millions from the club. Wenger has lost his marbles, pat rice probably slips him drugs, and hill wood probably gets fucked he ass by kroenke. Anyopen left at the club turn of the lights. Seeems we have players to busy tweeeting,… Read more »

Gavin
Gavin

Time to accept Cesc has played his final game for Arsenal. I am sure Cesc and AW have had a fallen out over that interview which personally I agree with what Cesc said. Wenger’s ego cannot handle being questioned by the poster boy of his entire project. Right now I would rather keep Cesc and get rid of AW.

mike

it so painful for all arsenal fans over here in nigeria that at end of this season we unable to win any trophy. my advice to our able coach is to go to the transfer merket and get some experience player for the club and urge all the young talented player there yo put more effort

Northbanksy
Northbanksy

You couldn’t blame Fabregas, Nasri or RVP for leaving. It’s been plain to see
that we’ve needed to bring in some quality players for ages. They’ve been let down along with the fans.

Aussie Jack
Aussie Jack

It was a bitter cold night out here in the Australian bush but some time ago I would have got out of my bed at 1am to watch my team, not so last night. I knew the outcome would not be worth the effort and sadly I was right.

caffeinenut23

@ Gavin. I completely agree. That article was Fabregas’s way of securing a sale to another team, since the only way he’d ever be allowed to leave was to speak out against his manager to the media. I have to say, he did it very politely and respectfully, when you compare it to how previous Arsenal members have done it (William Gallas!) Anyway, I too, would prefer to keep Cesc and get a new manager, but we all know that won’t happen, since Wenger’s basically been crowned “Manager for Life”. If Cesc does leave, I wish him all the luck… Read more »

Dubdubdub
Dubdubdub

It really hurts to see some of these players go unrewarded. I really hope Fabregas stays, I’m worried at how many of you are accepting of his possible transfer, he is our captain, our leader and we are ten times better when he is on the pitch. How many times did we struggle in the FA or League Cups this season until Cesc came off the bench and won us the game? Other players who deserve reward this season are Jack and without doubt ROBIN VAN PERSIE. Seriously if RvP wasn’t so injury prone he would go down as a… Read more »

Makaveligooner

@Dubdubdub,
Spot on mate

Mitti
Mitti

Amazing, how clueless some of these so called “supporters” are…

Wenger is building something great and was simply unlucky not to get rewarded this season. He will strenghten this squad in depth. This is what we are lacking!

Go Gunners! We will be back next year