Arsenal face Liverpool in the Premier League on Monday night, with Brendan Rodgers’ side looking to banish the ghost of Emirates Stadium that has been haunting them for the past few seasons.
Here’s some interesting stats to whet your appetite ahead of the big game:
1. Arsenal have lost just one of their last seven Premier League games against Liverpool (W4 D2 L1).
2. Olivier Giroud’s next Premier League appearance will be his 100th. He’s scored 42 goals in 99 PL appearances for Arsenal – only Thierry Henry (59) Ian Wright (56) and Emmanuel Adebayor (44) scored more in their first 100 PL appearances for the club.
3. Arsenal have attempted 40 shots in their first two games, but their goal conversion rate is only 3%.
4. Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker will need to be on top form to stop Christian Benteke, who has scored 12 goals in his last 13 PL games.
5. Liverpool vs Arsenal has seen more hat-tricks than any other fixture in Premier League history (5).
Share the post "Arsenal v Liverpool: 5 interesting stats ahead of the big Premier League clash"